Rally Software

• 1.  Exporting Test Cases and Their Steps

Posted Jun 07, 2018 12:01 PM

Hello.  Looking for suggestions on effectively exporting test cases , their steps, and possibly their attachments out of Agile Central.  What I have found so far is the basic export is just that - and does not export steps nor attachments.  Looking closer at Running a Test Folder, I can 'print' a report that contains steps as well as screenshots (attachments), however, a report is not what I need.  Please let me know if anyone has any suggestions on how best to do this and thank you.

• 2.  Re: Exporting Test Cases and Their Steps
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 07, 2018 12:19 PM

Hi there! Take a look at this: Export Test Case Steps - CA Knowledge  and let us know if that helps!

• 3.  Re: Exporting Test Cases and Their Steps

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 07, 2018 04:47 PM

To add to John's reply, I'm including a CSV template file which you can use to import test cases along with their steps (just in case you'll need it).

Sagi

• 4.  Re: Exporting Test Cases and Their Steps

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 07, 2018 04:50 PM

Not sure why the file I included isn't going through (it's zipping it up), here is what it is.

This is a template you can use to import test cases along with their test case steps. Notice in this example the first test case has 2 steps, the next has 4 and the last has 6 steps. Notice the reference to the Line# in the G column.

Sagi

• 5.  Re: Exporting Test Cases and Their Steps

Posted Jun 11, 2018 10:19 AM

Thank you Sagi.  I will see if I can do a dry run soon, hopefully trying it

out mid week.

Very best,

Zenobia

On Thu, Jun 7, 2018 at 4:51 PM Sagi_Gabay <

• 6.  Re: Exporting Test Cases and Their Steps

Posted Jul 02, 2018 01:23 PM

Hi Sagi,

I was reviewing the spreadsheet and import steps.  I thought I recalled the ability to import attachments as well as the steps?  It has been awhile since I looked at this so let me know if I misunderstand.

• 7.  Re: Exporting Test Cases and Their Steps

Posted Jul 06, 2018 05:13 PM

Hello, wanted to check if there is a way to export test case artifacts as well, such as screenshots?