Clarity

• 1.  Reports

Posted Jun 07, 2018 11:18 AM
      |   view attached

Working with version 12.1, no support other than this great forum. Was wondering if anyone can walk me through how to add fields to the following report. See attached. Would like to add Location Code and CON/Employee ID field.

• 2.  Re: Reports

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 07, 2018 12:10 PM

I believe you are using BO, the screen shot is to add the defination and you can add that from Administration --Data Administration --Reports and Jobs but the report design also needs to be updated and if you are using BO then it will be crystal report and you would need to edit the crystal report add the column and modify the query and then add the same as report definition in PPM 

• 3.  Re: Reports

Posted Jun 07, 2018 12:46 PM

Suman, not familiar with BO or Crystal Report. Is it possible to edit report through Clarity and then modify query?

• 4.  Re: Reports

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 07, 2018 01:05 PM

Munoz - Unfortunately not, PPM uses third party reporting tool there is no way to edit report in PPM 

• 5.  Re: Reports

Posted Jun 07, 2018 02:28 PM

Suman, is it possible to create my own report?

Respectfully,

Eduardo F. Munoz

IT PMO Project Management

Ryder Systems Inc. 11690 NW 105 Street, Miami, FL 33178

785-320-1181

• 6.  Re: Reports

Posted Jun 08, 2018 01:03 AM

Yes, you can create your own reports, but again with Chrystal reports developer tools.

That is if you have BO and not Actuate which I think was still supported in 12.1. In that case you would need actuate tools.

The option is to create a portlet.

• 7.  Re: Reports

Posted Jun 14, 2018 04:58 AM

Eduardo,

Sure you can change the report, but worth engaging services or an independent consultant due to the learning curve/tools.

Otherwise you could consider utilising modern BI tools, i.e. powerBI or tableau.

I think you'd get more value for less effort! (they also look really good!)

Andrew

• 8.  Re: Reports

Posted Jun 14, 2018 08:38 AM

Andrew, thx, I have access to PowerBi.

Respectfully,

Eduardo F. Munoz

IT PMO Project Management

Ryder Systems Inc. 11690 NW 105 Street, Miami, FL 33178

785-320-1181

• 9.  Re: Reports

Posted Jun 14, 2018 08:55 AM

Great to hear, you'll just need someone to sort out some flatter tables to work with.

i.e. ETL

Might be able to use the 14.3+ DWH pentaho jobs with 12.1 with some small updates