CA Client Automation

• 1.  Change default setting at Software Job creation

Posted Jun 07, 2018 01:05 PM

Hi

Is there a way to change some of the default setting for all user in DSM Explorer and Web Console so that Job Linkage return to batch job execution:

I've found the registry key but even if I put them in HKLM instead of HKCU it doesn't work. 

I've try to find a config files but wasn't able to find it.

We use dependency to install Software Profil on computers and if the no linkage is check it forget those.

Thanks

R

• 2.  Re: Change default setting at Software Job creation

Posted Jun 07, 2018 03:34 PM

Yes, the default was changed from "batch" to "no linkage" starting in r14.0 GA, I believe.  As you pointed out, you can set the default in the user session, but not globally, and I can confirm there is no configuration policy to change the default internally in the product.

Interestingly, for RAC job containers, there is a configuration policy where you can set "batch" vs "no linkage".  But unfortunately the same does not exist for normal job containers.

This needs to be posted on the IDEA section of the community, for others to comment and upvote, in order for a configuration option to be added.

-Brian

• 3.  Re: Change default setting at Software Job creation
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 11, 2018 06:22 PM

Hello,

Yes I agree with Brian.

The default was changed from "batch" to "no linkage" starting in r14.0 GA

See :

Software Package, Package Dependency not working a - CA Knowledge 

A workaround is to execute a command like this when user logs on (via loginscript for example) :

reg ADD "HKCU\Software\ComputerAssociates\Unicenter ITRM\AdminConsole\Software Delivery\JobContainer" /v PropertyFlag /d 20 /f /t REG_DWORD

This command adds in the current user registry the default value "Batch Job Execution" selected and "Ignore cascading install of dependent packages" not checked :

Thanks.

Regards,

Jean-Yves

• 4.  Re: Change default setting at Software Job creation

Posted Jun 14, 2018 10:15 AM

We had the same issue when upgrading to 14.0 and decided to correct it via GPO.  We already had one GPO to disable "drag and drop" in DSM Explorer so we simply added this registry key to the existing GPO.

Syl