Layer7 API Management

• 1.  LDAP Query

Posted Jun 08, 2018 05:42 AM

Hello,

I have a question related to LDAP query asseration. 

Can we achive the Ldap query result codes ( could be success or failure/error ) or Ldap response code  then store as a context varaible like ${httpRouting.reasonCode} and print the response using return template.

Cases like  LDAP is busy in serving other clients or Ldap is down/not responding during these times LDAP query won't be sending any results and sending back the customize error code which we set in our policy logic but it's not helping all the time for troubleshooting the issue. 

Example :

I have enabled the debug mode and could see the below error in the logs.

20180606 15:22:23.456 WARNING 9026 LDAP Query error: Error searching for LDAP entry: [LDAP: error code 49 - 80090308: LdapErr: DSID-0C0903CF, comment: AcceptSecurityContext error, data 52e, v2580

Here Error code is 49 so and I want to and back the response which I have received from the LDAP. Instead of looking up in the audit logs for the reason I could only see the detailed logs after enabling the debug mode. 

Is there any possibility to achive this.

Thanks,

Bhargavi.

• 2.  Re: LDAP Query

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 29, 2018 01:23 AM

Dear bammidib ,

The context variable ${audit.details.last.fullText} returns the last audit message. You may use it for your error handling logic.

Regards,

mark

• 3.  Re: LDAP Query
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 10, 2018 12:43 AM

I've create an idea for this functionality (Ability to retrieve LDAP error codes ) so please ensure that you review and add any additional details along with voting it up.

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes

CA Support