Test Data Manager

• 1.  Varchar column masking in ZOS

Posted Jun 08, 2018 04:27 AM

Hi,

I am using  mainframe data maker to mask unloaded file of a table.My requirement is to mask a varchar field of length 3962 but it is not happening.Error report shows "record too short to contain field <field to be masked>".

Can you please assist on us

layout file

3,FLD1,03962,00178,2,Varstring,,,,,,, 

Mapping file

WS-TABLE-RECORD,FLD1,PARTMASK,C,,,,,,,,,,,,, 

Thanks

Abhinav

• 2.  Re: Varchar column masking in ZOS

Posted Jun 12, 2018 06:17 PM

guewa01 Walter - would you be able to assist Abhinav with this question?

Thanks,

Sean

• 3.  Re: Varchar column masking in ZOS

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 13, 2018 11:15 AM

Abhinav,

Was the MAP CSV member saved as zOS CSV in GT Data Maker? I am assuming that you are doing this masking against VSAM tables, correct?

Thanks

-Walter

• 4.  Re: Varchar column masking in ZOS

Posted Jun 14, 2018 12:15 AM

Yes, I have both map and layout file in ZOS also I am using VSAM XREF to data present in flat file present in ZOS.

Now the masking is happening. I have one more varchar field which is masked using IGNORE function with VSAM XREF.

Varchar data portion is changing but length portion of the field is not changing after masking.

eg:-

If my old value is ABCD  after masking it would become  EFGHI .Length of both old and new values are different. In this case my expectation is that length portion of the field is also updated post masking as per the new value. But it is not happening happening

Thanks,

Abhinav

• 5.  Re: Varchar column masking in ZOS
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 14, 2018 11:12 AM

Abhinav,

I am assuming that you are using the HLQ.LIB.RUNJCL(GTXMSKVS) JCL procedure, can you please send the entries for STEP03, STEP05.

You might want to turn on the option "TRIMMEDXREF=N". Also please turn on "DIAGLEVEL=4" to see all the output in SYSPRT, please be mindful that the output files will be large.

Thanks

-Walter