Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  ECC Process Monitoring

Posted Jun 08, 2018 10:12 AM

ECC Process Monitoring...

I am new to ECC.. We have always used the java ui but are looking to migrate to V12.1 so will need to start using ECC..

I installed 11.2.8 ECC so we could starting using ECC and get use to it before migrating to V12.1..

When in the process monitoring you have to hover over the object to find the actual name of the object...

by default it appears to be showing the header information?  Can this be changed to show the object name?

I'll do some digging.. but thought someone might have seen this behavior and corrected it already.. thanks

• 2.  Re: ECC Process Monitoring

Posted Jun 08, 2018 03:58 PM

Hi

Interesting, in my sandbox (11.2.5)  the Name is displayed....

cheers, Wolfagng

• 3.  Re: ECC Process Monitoring
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 11, 2018 01:53 AM

Hi

there is a setting in the AWI configuration file for that (<awi-or-ecc-tomcat-base-folder>\config\configuration.properties).

The setting is called "wfDisplaySettings" and can have these values:

wfDisplaySettings=TITLE,NAME

or

wfDisplaySettings=NAME,TITLE

The default behavior is that the title is displayed. If no title is available, the object name is taken. In the configuration file you can modify what should be shown on the top line.

However, I am not 100% sure, if this setting is already available in the 11.2 version. The current release is 12.1 where, 12.2 will be coming soon. I recommend to check the 12.1 version as there is a lot of new functionality in there. 

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Robert

• 4.  Re: ECC Process Monitoring

Posted Jun 11, 2018 12:15 PM

that appears to be the case... it isn't available in the 11.2 version we are running, but is available in v12...

there is some important missing features in the awi in v12 version compared to the old java ui which we use..

I'm not in any hurry to upgrade.. I am hoping v12.2 closes the gap on the awi vs old java ui!!!!!

• 5.  Re: ECC Process Monitoring

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 12, 2018 02:02 AM

What are the important missing features for you? I am happy to have a call around that with you, if you have some time.

• 6.  Re: ECC Process Monitoring

Posted Jun 12, 2018 03:26 PM

I am seeing a lot of issues / concerns in the community about the awi versus the old java ui...

My plan at this time is to get a v12.1 "sandbox" up and running and than do a complete check of the new awi product... at that time I'll update

you with any concerns we still might have about missing or not working features... I just don't want to comment now as

we aren't running the latest awi and some of the missing features in 11.2 are in the v12.1 version..