Clarity

• 1.  Team Members not added as Participant in Project.

Posted Jun 11, 2018 12:50 AM

Team Members not added as Participant in Project.

We have several Projects where we noticed that its all team members are not added as participant.These Projects  are NOT originated from Idea but created directly.Any leads on why it happens?

Currently on Clarity v 15.2

• 2.  Re: Team Members not added as Participant in Project.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 11, 2018 01:22 AM

Hi Nazia.mirza,

Could you check "Automatically Add Staff Members As Investment Participant" option in ADMINISTRATION->Project Management->Settings?

If you select "Never", Staff Member will not be added as Participant automatically.

If you select "When Added to Investment", Staff Member will be added as Participant automatically.

Regards,

Shoichi

• 3.  Re: Team Members not added as Participant in Project.

Posted Jun 11, 2018 01:30 AM

Hi Shoichi,

It is selected as When added to Investment.

The issue is some of the team members are not added as participant.

• 4.  Re: Team Members not added as Participant in Project.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 11, 2018 05:04 AM

Hi Nazia.mirza,

I tried to replicate your issue several times in my in-house environment.

But I could not replicate it.

selected as When added to Investment.

All users who were added to Team Member were added as Participant too.

I used Classic UI and also New UI.

Is there any difference between users who is added to Participant and not added to Participant?

Regards,

Shoichi

• 5.  Re: Team Members not added as Participant in Project.

Posted Jun 11, 2018 05:13 AM

Thanks Shoichi.Even i tried to replicate but couldn't.I have tried xog also  to add team members but couldn't replicate.

I am trying to find pattern when it happens or more clues for debugging what is causing the issue.

• 6.  Re: Team Members not added as Participant in Project.

Posted Jun 11, 2018 02:31 AM

Hi Nazia,

With respect to your question, could you refer to the following KB document, if that helps:

https://comm.support.ca.com/kb/unable-to-add-team-members-in-a-specific-project/kb000095762 

Regards,

Samik

• 7.  Re: Team Members not added as Participant in Project.

Posted Jun 11, 2018 02:37 AM

Hi Nazia,

To add onto the previous posts, with system options as mentioned in the KB, try adding the team members to a project ,as a Collaboration Manager. Or set the option - Automatically Add Staff Members As Investment Participant , to Never and check the same.

In case if you are getting any errors on the UI, you can mention those, also check on the app-ca log, when you are carrying out the actions, in case the above mentioned details does not work.

Regards,

Samik

• 8.  Re: Team Members not added as Participant in Project.

Posted Jun 11, 2018 03:01 AM

Well , i am not getting any error while adding team members.The setting was always " Automatically Add Staff Members As Investment Participant".

The issue is intermittent.Team members get added successfully but they are not added as participant .

• 9.  Re: Team Members not added as Participant in Project.

Posted Jun 11, 2018 03:06 AM

Hi Nazia,

When you say the issue is intermittent, I'm taking it as sometimes the users added as team members gets added as a participant, on similar projects ?

You may try once as the collaboration manager or as per the steps mentioned on the KB link above, if there are no specific errors, with the issue being intermittent, review of the app-ca log , or a trace may help.

Regards,

Samik