Service Virtualization

• 1.  how to detect Error transactions in the VSI  

Posted Jun 10, 2018 12:19 AM

consider,a scenario where a Virtual service is created using recording...there are hundreds of transactions that were captured during recording, and you also came to know that there were few errors occurred while recording (for 1 or 2 transactions) may be due to application not stable or some other reason and now your VSI and VSM has been created. 

Now the question is how will you trace out those error transactions out of hundreds transactions in the VSI and correct those?

could you please let me know if any one has a solution for this?

Chris_Stallone J_NeSmithUlrich_VogtMarcyNunns

• 2.  Re: how to detect Error transactions in the VSI  
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 11, 2018 09:57 AM

Hello Sumalatha,

I believe one of the options you have is to open the VSI with a text editor and search for the HTTP-Response-Code. 

The <t id="id"> and <rq id="id" found a little above the response and request, will give you the transaction ID you are able to visualize in the Workstation when you open the VSI.

Hope it helps,

Heloisa 

• 3.  Re: how to detect Error transactions in the VSI  

Posted Jun 11, 2018 10:32 AM

Here's an example of what deoma03 is describing.

Suppose you searched on HTTP-Response-Code and found an HTTP 500 response.

The <rs> tag holds the response.  The <rq> tag holds request information. And, the <t id="75"> contains the ID of the specific transaction having an HTTP response code of 500.

Using the identified Txn ID, you can open the VSI and locate Txn ID 75 under the operation GET /employee/{URLPARAM0}/:

• 4.  Re: how to detect Error transactions in the VSI  

Posted Jun 11, 2018 10:59 AM

Thanks Joel for the screenshot! Appreciate your elaboration over my question.

• 5.  Re: how to detect Error transactions in the VSI  

Posted Jun 11, 2018 11:01 AM

Thank you Heloisa for your elaborate reply. i got the point