IT Process Automation

• 1.  Schedule PAM SRF

Posted Jun 11, 2018 09:19 AM

It is possible to schedule an ITPAM SRF form?

I want this because I need to create a process to schelule openning of request in Service Desk Manager, but each of scheduled requests has different opening parameters, so my idea is to create an generic process and pass variables via SRF, so if I can schedule an SRF I can achieve my needs.

• 2.  Re: Schedule PAM SRF
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 11, 2018 09:42 AM

Hi Paulo,

A SRF basically calls a Pam's Process with some parameters. IT's a way to access a process from  a webservice with expected parameters.

You can achieve the same with Pam's Start Process operator (Start Process Operator - CA Process Automation - 4.3 - CA Technologies Documentation).

So you'll scheduler (Create a Schedule Without Calendars - CA Process Automation - 4.3 - CA Technologies Documentation) and point to a process that contains a start process pointing to your SRF Process. There you can manipulate the data the way you need. 

Hope it Helps

• 3.  Re: Schedule PAM SRF

Posted Jun 11, 2018 03:37 PM

You can specify custom values when you start a process with a Planification.

So basically what you need to do is create a Planification, create a generate process and add it several times into your planification. You can customize the Initialization code per-process, on the specific tab (accessible via the icon near the red arrows) and voila!

• 4.  Re: Schedule PAM SRF

Posted Jun 11, 2018 03:42 PM

I use this method to create scheduled request for different team.

With the flexibility to add a calendar per item, you can trigger each "item" at the date-time interval you want!

Very flexible.

• 5.  Re: Schedule PAM SRF

Posted Jun 11, 2018 04:32 PM

A simple method is:

1. Open the defined schedule.
    2. Click on the Properties button (over to the right)
    3. Select the Specific tab
    4. Click on the Process Dataset Initialization Code ...
    5. Enter the Javascript to initialize the Process variables

No SRF needed.