Automic Workload Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

Can I have an event trigger another event and if not how is there a way to ensure that event 2 will run after event 1?

• 1.  Can I have an event trigger another event and if not how is there a way to ensure that event 2 will run after event 1?

Posted Jun 11, 2018 02:22 PM

Right now we have a job running as an event and then the last step of the JCL submits another job. UC4 doesn't know about the second job since it is submitted via the JCL. I would like to take this second job and also make it an event needs to run right after the first event job

• 2.  Re: Can I have an event trigger another event and if not how is there a way to ensure that event 2 will run after event 1?

Posted Jun 12, 2018 04:58 PM

You could create a post condition on the job, to activate second job which you are triggering from the JCL based on the result of the first job.(ended-ok or any-ok),.

If its time dependent or file dependent, then you can create a separate event and keep checking for the file and then submit the job through the event, just like you are doing the first one,.