Symantec Access Management

• 1.  CA SSO as SAML 2.0 Service Provider

Posted Jun 13, 2018 09:55 AM

hello!

Just wanted to know if someone can direct me to steps on how to configure CA SSO as service provider. We have created a local IDP , remote SP and the connection, but not entirely sure how to proceed. It would be great to get some detailed steps.

Thanks!

Lalitha

• 2.  Re: CA SSO as SAML 2.0 Service Provider

Posted Jun 13, 2018 10:04 AM

Refer to this video CA SiteMinder® Federation Demo - YouTube 

Since CA SSO is Service Provider, on CA SSO end we would create a local SP, Remote IdP and SAML 2.0 SP-->IdP Partnership (exactly reverse of what you have described i.e. We have created a local IDP , remote SP and the connection).

Start by Creating Entity Objects

Entity-1 : Local SP CA SSO

Entity-2 : Remote IdP (You can import IdP's Metadata)

Move ahead with Partnership

SAML 2.0 SP --> IdP Object from the Drop-Down in Partnership.

These are just the WAMUI objects and WAMUI side of configuration (Policy Server and Policy Store). I am hoping you have completed necessary pre-requisite installs on WA-WAOP or CA Access Gateway which would act as the front end (hosts all the endpoints URLs).

• 3.  Re: CA SSO as SAML 2.0 Service Provider

Posted Jun 13, 2018 10:12 AM

Hi,

Sorry, I have created a remote IDP and local SP but have typed it wrong here. 

Should we also create a SAML2.0 Authentication scheme? we are using partnership federation. 

Will local SP, remote IDP and the connection suffice?

Thanks,

Lalitha

• 4.  Re: CA SSO as SAML 2.0 Service Provider

Posted Jun 13, 2018 10:14 AM

No need to create the SAML 2.0 Authentication Scheme. That was the old model using Legacy Federation.

In Partnership Federation there are 3 mandatory objects...

A. Entity - IdP (Remote or Local; based on the Role Local IdP or Remote IdP).

B. Entity - SP (Remote or Local; based on the Role Local SP or Remote SP).

C. Partnership (where we link both the Entity i.e. IdP to SP or SP to IdP; based on the flow).

D. Optional for PoC (but recommended / mandatory for Test / Production ENV) X509 Certificates for Signing / Encryption. Refer to X509 Certificate Management in WAMUI.

• 5.  Re: CA SSO as SAML 2.0 Service Provider

Posted Jun 13, 2018 10:06 AM

Hi Lalitha,

Refer : how to configure SSO as an SP 

Regards,

Leo Joseph.