Test Data Manager

• 1.  FormatEncrypt for Transformation Maps

Posted Jun 13, 2018 10:47 AM

Hello,

I has the a mask rule in FDM using FORMATENCRYPT, I apply the rule to in a identification column, this column needs preserve the format and keep the unique values, because is a personal identifciation, and I need that the mask starts at position N (in this case 2).

Now I need apply the same mask rule through masking In-Flight using Transformation Maps,

How I can use the a mask rule in Transformation Maps that keep up the integrity whit the mask that I did with FDM with formatencrypt and comply our needs?.

Preserve the format

Keep the unique values

The mask start at position N

Keep the integrity with FDM.

Thanks.

alvgu02

• 2.  Re: FormatEncrypt for Transformation Maps
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 13, 2018 11:15 AM

Hi John,

I talked with Richard about this.  He suggested the following:

1. Make sure you are on version 4.5 or later.
    2. Set FORMATENCRYPT as the Masking Function in the Transformation Map.  TIP: - Set substring start and length - If the data is of differing lengths,  just set substring start to 2 and leace the substring length empty.
    3. Make sure you have the latest SCRAMBLE Masking components as well.

Please open a Support ticket to verify versions.

Cheers!
    Les

• 3.  Re: FormatEncrypt for Transformation Maps

Posted Jun 29, 2018 10:58 AM

Hello Les,

We upgrade the versión to 4.5 for the GT DataMaker and  the scramble Database.

We try again and it continue generate errors in the packages when executes the scripts.

This is the pls file that create pumpw_mask

The same error occurred with others functions of Transformation Maps Rules, Like Randlov or Hashlov, maybe because the scripts creates a table or synonym different that it put in the pls file.

I will open a support ticket to check this problem.

Thanks.

alvgu02