Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

how can I tag a risk attribute to load in the WH if the box is grayed out?

• 1.  how can I tag a risk attribute to load in the WH if the box is grayed out?

Posted Jun 13, 2018 03:08 PM

I need to be able to access a Risk attribute in an ad hoc view.  However, the checkbox to load to the data warehouse is grayed out.  It is a virtual attribute in the RIM_RISKS_AND_ISSUES table.  Data type is Number.  Is there a way to do this?

• 2.  Re: how can I tag a risk attribute to load in the WH if the box is grayed out?

Posted Jun 14, 2018 12:06 AM

Check if Risk object is enable to include in DWH. Once Object is enable for DWH and you are still facing issue to mark that attribute to DWH then i will suggest some work around as CA might have put some limitation to add that particular attribute to include in DWH, i will suggest using ppmdb link to fetch data from ca ppm to you report  or create a new dummy attribute of dynamic lookup with Risk ID and that attribute value SQL which you can mark for DWH inclusion.  

• 3.  Re: how can I tag a risk attribute to load in the WH if the box is grayed out?

Posted Jun 14, 2018 04:38 AM

There is one thing that you can try JeffreyAnthony4202065.

You can update Include in DWH attribute from the database end by using an update query. This is definitely not something that CA suggests or recommends but you can check that option too. 

Just for information I would like to tell you that there are some out of the box objects and attribute for which this Include in DWH option will remain grayed out. This is as per the current design. I guess you are already aware of this but still thought of mentioning in case that helps any other users who would be going through this discussion. 

Hope that helps. Cheers!!!

• 4.  Re: how can I tag a risk attribute to load in the WH if the box is grayed out?

Posted Jun 14, 2018 09:12 AM

Also, if you are using Chrome, are you having issue where an unchecked box is not white, but is the same color as the background color?  We see this, and the initial reaction that one has is that the box is grayed out when it really is not.

There is a very subtle difference between "Populate Null Values with the Default" checkbox, which is grayed out, and the the other 4 checkboxes that are not.  In IE, the grayed out boxes are gray, for us, and the non-grayed out boxes are white - not subtle at all, very clear.

In Chrome, not very clear.  Perhaps there is a Chrome setting we need to change?  We're just starting to use Chrome, so we have a bit to learn.  

So, if you are in Chrome and have same issue that we have, go ahead and check the box - if its grayed out, it won't let you make change; if it is not really grayed out, your click will be recognized:

Here, I've gone ahead and clicked on what appeared to be two grayed out boxes - they really weren't grayed out!

Apparently, there is a Chrome CSS file/element that can be changed to fix this - haven't yet found it, but only starting search, now.

• 5.  RE: how can I tag a risk attribute to load in the WH if the box is grayed out?

Posted Jul 01, 2019 05:12 PM
    Did you find a way to do this? I am facing a similar issue with the calculated_risk attribute.

• 6.  RE: how can I tag a risk attribute to load in the WH if the box is grayed out?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 01, 2019 08:03 PM
    Some of the attributes that are greyed out either cannot be added to Data Warehouse or are already added. 
    Regarding Risk I was able to add it at master object stage where the attribute is not virtual:

To get it added to DWH for now you can use a custom calculated attribute.

I suggest you join the Product Management Office Hours or the Innovation call to request more fields to be added to Data Warehouse if you need them! Hope this helps _nika

• 7.  RE: how can I tag a risk attribute to load in the WH if the box is grayed out?

Posted Jul 02, 2019 10:45 AM
    Edited by Judy Meigel Jul 02, 2019 10:49 AM

Thanks.  The attribute I was referring to is calculated_risk on the risk object.  It is calculated for each risk by multiplying probability * impact.  Risk Score is on the project as it takes a weighted average of all risks on the project.  

I will certainly join the Product Management Office Hours or the Innovation call.  I was able to find information on the Innovation call, but could you direct me to where to get information on Product Management Office Hours?  I found the information.  Thank you!

• 8.  RE: how can I tag a risk attribute to load in the WH if the box is grayed out?
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 02, 2019 12:49 PM

For Risk Object Calculated Risk value in DWH, we are just performing the same calculation there as Clarity does.

You may want to create a new attribute on the Risk Object, one that is formula based.  This can be marked for DWH and can use the Out of the Box "Calculated Risk" attribute in its formula.

https://higherlogicdownload.s3.amazonaws.com/BROADCOM/MessageImages/71fca0533c5d42bba4f76288cbe6a0f6.png

https://higherlogicdownload.s3.amazonaws.com/BROADCOM/MessageImages/c3a00b6289514ebeb1516d053c6ce1df.png

Our DWH is only refreshed once per day, at night, so I can't validate this until tomorrow.  This could be a way out, while waiting for idea approval and inclusion in a future release.

Thanks for the question.  If this works, I'll be implementing this ourselves as I'd rather read the score in DWH than have to recalculate it there.

Dale

• 9.  RE: how can I tag a risk attribute to load in the WH if the box is grayed out?

Posted Jul 02, 2019 01:02 PM
    Thanks.  we were going to calculate it in the DWH, but I think we will add it on the object instead.

• 10.  RE: how can I tag a risk attribute to load in the WH if the box is grayed out?

Posted Jul 03, 2019 12:24 PM

Brought this up in today's weekly Office Hours session.  Broadcom is checking on this and said it's either in there by a different name and as a value, not a formula and if it's not there, it will be.  They'll have an update on this for me next week – either the name of the DWH attribute or the release that it will appear in.

BTW:  Creating a custom "Calculated Risk-DWH" attribute,  formula type, based on "Calculated Risk" worked fine.  Was able to validate this, today.

• 11.  RE: how can I tag a risk attribute to load in the WH if the box is grayed out?

Posted Jul 10, 2019 01:50 PM

From today's Office Hours session, the risk attribute "Calculated Risk" is not in the DWH by any other name.  Making this available to the DWH is planned for the September release.

Hope this is helpful.

Dale

• 12.  RE: how can I tag a risk attribute to load in the WH if the box is grayed out?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 10, 2019 02:11 PM
    Thank you for bringing this up on the Office Hours and updating us Dale!

------------------------------
    Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom
    ------------------------------