IT Process Automation

• 1.  Can we get list of agents or touchpoints ?

Posted Jun 13, 2018 01:04 PM

I'm looking for a way to check if all agents or touchpoint of an environment are reachable.

Is there a way to get the list of all touchpoints (or agents) of an environment ?

I see in documentation that there is a fonction rgsTouchpoints = getTouchpoints(TouchpointOrGroupName)

but I don't understand how it works.

• 2.  Re: Can we get list of agents or touchpoints ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 13, 2018 01:13 PM

Please see:

Where can we get a full list of Agents? - CA Knowledge 

How can we get a full list of all Agents that have been installed?
    Answer:

You can get a full list of Agents from the dbo.ConfigObjects table in the Repository database:          

select * from PAM_Repository.dbo.ConfigObject where DiscriminatorType='Agent'
    This will return all Agents, the machine each is installed on and their internal UUID reference value.

The ConfigObjects table also holds all installed or configured objects within the Orchestrator, such as the Domain, Default Environments, Orchestrators, and Touchpoints.

• 3.  Re: Can we get list of agents or touchpoints ?
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 13, 2018 03:14 PM

Hi,

so I always saw this getTouchpoints Function and never had a usage for it. I just tried to use it, and after some try and error, what I found out is

you need the touchpoint list before using it, so it's useful if you have touchpoints by group

In my cenario

it found something only when I used my Orchestrator's name

so if you only have the name, you don't really need this method (only if you use aggregate touchpoints by groups).

What you'll use:  isTouchpointUp Function 

Do a foreach your touchpoint array, using this function, and you'll get what you need

Alternatively Please see:

Where can we get a full list of Agents? - CA Knowledge 

How can we get a full list of all Agents that have been installed?
    Answer:

You can get a full list of Agents from the dbo.ConfigObjects table in the Repository database:          

select * from PAM_Repository.dbo.ConfigObject where DiscriminatorType='Agent'
    This will return all Agents, the machine each is installed on and their internal UUID reference value.

The ConfigObjects table also holds all installed or configured objects within the Orchestrator, such as the Domain, Default Environments, Orchestrators, and Touchpoints.

• 4.  Re: Can we get list of agents or touchpoints ?

Posted Jun 14, 2018 11:08 AM

Hi,

I don't know how to create a group of touchpoint. Is there a documentation?

• 5.  Re: Can we get list of agents or touchpoints ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 14, 2018 11:15 AM

Vanessa CHAPLAIS wrote:

Hi,

I don't know how to create a group of touchpoint. Is there a documentation?

Please review the documentation on Administering Touchpoints here:

Touchpoint Groups - CA Process Automation - 04.3.02 - CA Technologies Documentation

• 6.  Re: Can we get list of agents or touchpoints ?

Posted Jun 14, 2018 11:25 AM

Thanks Marcel and Michael !