Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Get the Run time of all objects in a workflow

Posted Jun 14, 2018 09:15 AM

What is the best way to get the run time of all objects that are in there in a workflow. I need to get the run time of the objects and then send it to users.

I can get the latest run-time of each object from AH table, store it in a VARA and then send it to users. Is there any simple way than this?

• 2.  Re: Get the Run time of all objects in a workflow

Posted Jun 19, 2018 10:23 AM

Hi reddy.bharathkumar,

Not sure if anyone else in the Community use a different method, but I also do the same way (or at time bypass the AE and just run a sql against DB for it) 

• 3.  Re: Get the Run time of all objects in a workflow
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 19, 2018 11:23 AM

Hi,

I guess using SQL for this is the fasted way to implement your requirement. Please be aware that the times in the AE database have the timezone UTC.

An option would be to store start and end time of the workflow and the task of the workflow into an VARA objekt when the task you would liek to report starts and ends. This of course would mean to implement the PUT_VAr command in the Pre and Post Script of the tasks.

Another option to avoid the timezone proble could be to select only the runid's of the tasks you are requested to report an use the GET_STATISTIC_DETAIL script command to get start and end time with the client timezone. This could be implemented with a seperated repritinmg Script / Job combining SQL Command to select the runid's and the AE Script to get the details.

Regards

Thomas

• 4.  Re: Get the Run time of all objects in a workflow

Posted Jul 06, 2018 03:28 AM

Thank you, I'm using the GET_STATISTIC_DETAIL and it's giving the required timings in the client timezone.