Clarity

• 1.  Locking of Attribute in Different Views

Posted Jun 14, 2018 10:07 AM

Hello Active Community,

I am just wondering a Scenario, is it possible to do it in Clarity 15.4 and above or it must be a new add on feature:

1) I have field called TEST1 in General page of Project. On create we gave some value to it -> saved it -> process triggered it LOCKS. 

View: its visible in General page as Locked and One Sub page called as TESTSUB1  as locked here as well as it is one attribute only.

Checking if this Possible: TESTSUB1 is accessed by a group GPTEST1 - Requirement is : They can run an on demand Process which will unlock that field in such a way that it will be unlock on that Subpage but locked in General page of that Project so only they can update it and lock it again. Is it possible with TEST1 attribute. 

Current solution provided to Stakeholder is: New attribute TEST2 only configure in that sub page which on update kicks of the process and update TEST1. 

Any leads will be very much appreciated? 

• 2.  Re: Locking of Attribute in Different Views

Posted Jun 14, 2018 11:13 AM

I believe that it is the attribute itself that is being locked and not the representation of it on the page.  Do there is little that you can do. Similarly that you have a hidden attribute on a page.  If you add the attribute on another page, it is still hidden.

However, there are a lot of more creative  minds out there in regards to your question, so I look forward to their response.

• 3.  Re: Locking of Attribute in Different Views

Posted Jun 14, 2018 01:50 PM

When project life cycle is implemented in the New UI that offers the option to display an attribute in some stages of the life cycle and not to display in others. However, not possible to lock in some and not lock in others.

• 4.  Re: Locking of Attribute in Different Views

Posted Jul 03, 2018 06:03 AM

So basically we cant have one Attribute locked in one page and unlock in another page. This can be good use case for CA to try this bcz there are few requirements in which business ask that it can be created once then locked for everybody except few users in group.

Thanks

Awadhesh