CA Service Management

• 1.  SLA Warning Notification in CA Service Catalog

Posted Jun 14, 2018 11:35 PM

We want to notify current "pending action users" at the SLA warning time and violation time.

• 2.  Re: SLA Warning Notification in CA Service Catalog

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 15, 2018 03:51 AM

Hi,

there are actions for performing that, you just need to enable them and ensure that users have correctly set emails:

Home > Administration > Events-Rules-Actions > Request SLA Alerts > When a Request SLA Instance is warned

Home > Administration > Events-Rules-Actions > Request SLA Alerts > When a Request SLA Instance is violated

Out of the box, the rules are enabled, but not the email actions under them.

regards

Iain

• 3.  Re: SLA Warning Notification in CA Service Catalog

Posted Jun 16, 2018 05:17 AM

By refering to Request Pending Action Change>When Pending Approval actions are Assigned>Notify Approver - Email based approval

I created 'request email action' under 'When a Request SLA Instance is warned'

Put $rpa_users_or_groups$ in 'To' box. It doesn't work.

The $rpa_users_or_groups$ exists in the Event Type Parameters of Request Pending Action Change.

But it is not in the Event Type Parameters of Request SLA Alerts event. Do you know why?

Please advise.

• 4.  Re: SLA Warning Notification in CA Service Catalog
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 18, 2018 06:22 AM

Hi,

I've just checked, and I see what you mean - that's not an option. Request Pending Actions info isn't available in the SLA event. This would be a good candidate for an enhancement Idea, as I can see that being a useful person to notify, rather than a general manager identity.

The alternative for now would be to create a PAM process that collects that information when passed the request ID etc, and sends the email from there.

regards

Iain

• 5.  Re: SLA Warning Notification in CA Service Catalog

Posted Jun 18, 2018 10:03 PM

Thanks Lain, we will add an action to trigger the PAM process and notify the approver there.

Regards,

Chison

• 6.  Re: SLA Warning Notification in CA Service Catalog

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 21, 2018 03:59 PM

chison.cai 

Do you have any additional questions regarding this topic?

If not, please mark one of the provided answers as Correct so that this thread can be closed.