CA Service Management

• 1.  USS Request a Service

Posted Jun 15, 2018 12:52 PM

When USS is integrated with Service Desk and not integrated with Service Catalog.  USS shows a UI that gives the user an option to Request a Service we customized that UI by adding a field for current location.

When adding and integrating Service Catalog you are presented with 3 options.  Report an Issue. Request a Service or Ask a Question.  The Request a Service gives you the option to choose a service from catalog but our original UI is gone.  Where did it go? 

When I remove the integration with Service Catalog the UI comes back.

I need to be able to recreate the UI with both Service Desk and Service Catalog integrated with USS.  Is that possible?

• 2.  Re: USS Request a Service
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 15, 2018 05:50 PM

Hi Patsy,

Yes this is the correct behavior when SDM and Catalog are integrated, please reference the link below:

Options Available on the Unified Self-Service Interface Home Page - CA Service Management - 17.1 - CA Technologies Docum… 

Unfortunately I don't believe it is possible to display both offerings at the same time.

Thanks,

Scott

• 3.  Re: USS Request a Service

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 21, 2018 04:00 PM

PatsyW

Do you have any additional questions regarding this topic?

If not, please mark one of the provided answers as Correct so that this thread can be closed.