DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  how can I assign a list or group of robots to maintenance task in UIM ?

Posted Jun 15, 2018 10:28 AM

Hi All,

I have configured some maintenance schedules in USM, which would be the way to select or filter some robots to enter them in different schedules?

Thanks

• 2.  Re: how can I assign a list or group of robots to maintenance task in UIM ?

Posted Jun 15, 2018 10:51 AM

Sebatian,

In USM you can select the group in the tree on the left and then the Maintenance tab on the right to see the list of saved schedules. Click the arrow on the left of the schedule and then drag and drop systems to the schedule.

• 3.  Re: how can I assign a list or group of robots to maintenance task in UIM ?

Posted Jun 15, 2018 11:06 AM

Hi David,

The problem is exactly the following, example: I have 2 differentes groups, a robots with OS windows and a group with Linux OS, I need to enter 100 windows robots and 50 linux robots in the same schedule.

• 4.  Re: how can I assign a list or group of robots to maintenance task in UIM ?

Posted Jun 15, 2018 11:25 AM

Sebastian,

Oh, so the idea is to add systems on a group level instead of a system level. Don't think there is a provision for that, probably because groups can be dynamic. One option is to use rest. UIM has the webservices_rest probe and calls for maintenance:

Maintenance Calls - CA Unified Infrastructure Management Probes - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 5.  Re: how can I assign a list or group of robots to maintenance task in UIM ?

Posted Jun 18, 2018 03:29 PM

When we do this we make use of the SQL option > Edit Query to include all the robots in group then drag it into the Maint schedule. Its much easier once you have a SQL query template that can just accept the names of all the robots or the IP's you want to include. 

Example:

select * from CM_COMPUTER_SYSTEM where name like ('%robota1%')
    or name like ('%robotb2%')
    or name like ('%robotc3%')
    or name like ('%robotd11%')