Clarity

• 1.  In terms of adhearance to timesheet tracking/submission, what % of staff typically submit timesheets. 

Posted Jun 18, 2018 01:05 PM

For example: if you organization is 700 people, and all are expected to submit timesheets, what % of people actually end up doing it on time?

• 2.  Re: In terms of adhearance to timesheet tracking/submission, what % of staff typically submit timesheets. 

Posted Jun 19, 2018 04:55 AM

Hi gary.freshour  

CA Capacity Management is a separate product from the Agile Operations / Infrastructure Management suite of tools.

Is your question related to CA PPM / Clarity?  If so, we should request that this post is moved to the correct forum: https://communities.ca.com/community/ca-ppm

Thanks

• 3.  Re: In terms of adhearance to timesheet tracking/submission, what % of staff typically submit timesheets. 

Posted Jun 20, 2018 01:17 AM

This is definitely a CA PPM related question.

• 4.  Re: In terms of adhearance to timesheet tracking/submission, what % of staff typically submit timesheets. 

Posted Jun 19, 2018 11:05 PM

I think this is a question with two responses. 1. What is the target, versus 2. What is the actual.

For response #1

For every deployment that I have worked on the target is 100% compliance. Mainly due to the need to fully financially recover the labour costs of the resources.

For response #2

This varies, but you want to be hitting around 98-99%. But should you fall short, the kind of strategies you need to put in place cover the following:

- Is there a timesheet delegate process in place as a level 2? This could be a team assistant, resource manager, PMO resource, etc. You possibly have a level 3 in the Timesheet Administrators as a last resort.

- How often do you provide compliance reporting? i.e. if you timesheet weekly which is most CA PPM installs, then is a weekly compliance report provided and who is this distributed to.

- What are your month end compliance activities?

- How do you put in place consequences for non-compliance? At a previous company, timesheet compliance was included as a key KPI for the Leadership Team - and it hit their back pocket if they fell short.

My current deployment has an ongoing discussion around how "we manage the change" with timesheeting - where my strong guidance is you need to treat this the same way you do other compliance activities.

• 5.  Re: In terms of adhearance to timesheet tracking/submission, what % of staff typically submit timesheets. 

Posted Jun 20, 2018 08:46 AM

Thank you Christopher.  This helps tremendously. 

• 6.  Re: In terms of adhearance to timesheet tracking/submission, what % of staff typically submit timesheets. 

Posted Jun 20, 2018 06:23 AM

I'm moving the thread in the Clarity PPM Community.

Thanks ChrisYardin for your attention.

• 7.  Re: In terms of adhearance to timesheet tracking/submission, what % of staff typically submit timesheets. 

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 21, 2018 09:08 AM

I have seen organisations where the Resource Managers are financially penalised for timesheet non-compliance but this just meant they approved timesheets without reviewing them. The knock-on effect is inaccurate transactions hitting the financial module and a whole lot of rework to fix transactions posted to the wrong project.

The best solution is communication - if people understand why they do timesheets and what the information is used for they're more likely to comply and take more care. It's not a guarantee that timesheets will be done but it will help. If you cannot produce a document explaining why people should do timesheets in your organisation then, perhaps, you should ask the question "Why are you doing it anyway?"

The other thing to bear in mind is the responsibility of getting it right and doing it on time should lie with the individual and non-compliance should be monitored and followed up. It's no use telling people they must fill in timesheets if you don't check it is being done. Organisations that actively monitor compliance are usually more successful.

You can automate email notifications to prod people who are tardy and non-compliance reports that get distributed to management can work wonders.

If you really want to be draconian, I have heard of some organisations that build this into their employment contracts and persistent non-compliance results in dismissal!