AutoSys Workload Automation

• 1.  Get the resource's index from resource's pool

Posted Jun 18, 2018 09:45 AM

Hi all,

I'm pretty new in the Ca workload automation's world and, as it's easy to imagine, I need help xD.

In particular I'm facing a big issue working with the Desktop GUI. I created my tree of scheduling blocks that make some stuff. All is computed in one machine.

Now I'd like to add some blocks that leverage on a resource pool: for example [resource A: quantity 4 renewable]

The block should trigger a batch script that make an ssh on one machine from a respective pool of four machines.

Notes:

- No more of one ssh could be executed on the same machine

- The block should use the first free machine of the pool to make the command

In my opinion, the best approach to accomplish this should be to map the index of the resource used to one machine in order to be sure that only a free machine will be used to execute the command.

For example, the first block of this type will use the resource A of index 1 of 4 that means that will make an ssh on the machine xxxx1 etc...

Is there possible in some way to have something similar to this?

Many thanks,

Giovanni

• 2.  Re: Get the resource's index from resource's pool
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 20, 2018 08:41 AM

Hi,

What is the exact CA WA product you are referring to?

Is this about Agent groups in CA Workload Automation DE?

The Resources on DE are meant to control the workflow of your jobs.  They don't decide on which agent the job itself will run.  The job, when ready, is sent to whichever agent is ready and available on the agent group.  You can select round-robin, random or CPU selection for agent groups.

For more details see here.

Thank you

Nitin Pande

CA Technologies.