DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Some tips needed while creating USM groups from url_response QoS

Posted Jun 18, 2018 10:58 AM

I'm trying to create a group in USM which should have all the url_response profiles listed under it and respective urls listed under metrics tab.

1. When I select Source Override in url_response as $profile, I'm able to see url in USM but not by its profile name and 
    the profile name appears as a target.

2. When I select $url as Source override still the above scenario is scene.

Does anyone has some insight to it.?

Also I see for some url the hostname gets listed in USM rather than URL, I'm assuming the discovery is attempting to resolve the url to hostname. Can we restrict this in case of URL.

• 2.  Re: Some tips needed while creating USM groups from url_response QoS

Posted Jun 19, 2018 09:51 AM

Abhishek,

USM having support for groups based on probe is a nice idea but not in the current design.

• 3.  Re: Some tips needed while creating USM groups from url_response QoS
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 19, 2018 02:44 PM

The url_response probe has an option to create the monitored devices using the profile name.

Use Profile Name in USM

You can change the device name to match the profile within USM. To do so, set the useProfileNameForDeviceIdentification key value to Yes (Default: No) in the probe Raw Configuration interface > setup section. Restart the probe.

You would likely need some cleanup

• deactivate url_response
    • clean the niscache
    • delete the devices created with the hostname/url
    • set useProfileNameForDeviceIdentification  to yes via Raw Configure
    • Activate url_response

The monitored devices should be populated by profile name after a short period.

Greg

• 4.  Re: Some tips needed while creating USM groups from url_response QoS

Posted Jun 20, 2018 05:55 AM

Hi Greg,

Thanks for providing the valuable insight.
    But, would also like to know whether adjusting this key would make the changes to all profiles in url_response or can it be restricted to selective profiles only.

Regards
    Abhishek

• 5.  Re: Some tips needed while creating USM groups from url_response QoS

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 20, 2018 06:25 AM

Hello Abhishek, the key useProfileNameForDeviceIdentification is set in the setup section of the Raw Configuration and is valid for all profiles of the probe.

Use Profile Name in USM

You can change the device name to match the profile within USM. To do so, set the useProfileNameForDeviceIdentification key value to Yes (Default: No) in the probe Raw Configuration interface > setup section. Restart the probe.

Kind regards,

Britta Hoffner

CA Support

• 6.  Re: Some tips needed while creating USM groups from url_response QoS

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 20, 2018 05:45 AM

Hello Abhishek, does the feedback given by Greg answer the question and it can be marked as answered ?

Kind regards,

Britta Hoffner

CA Support