Test Data Manager

• 1.  Form based test data reservation ALM integration error

Posted Jun 19, 2018 01:34 AM
      |   view attached

Hi,

I was exploring Form based test data reservation by following the steps given in Docops. There is a step under Configure HP ALM Service where we have to create local user as ALMService_user as admin.We created the account and ran ALMServiceConfigEditor.exe , after adding all the details in Status tab, i clicked on Create task and gave ALService_user account credentials, got an error message.

Error message attached.

Thanks

Velentina

• 2.  Re: Form based test data reservation ALM integration error

Posted Jun 19, 2018 07:41 AM

Hi,

Which version of ARD are you using? What is the version of HP ALM?

There are 2 ways to Integrate with HP ALM.

Rest :

https://docops.ca.com/ca-agile-requirements-designer/2-5/en/integrations/integration-with-lifecycle-tools/integrate-with-hpe-alm-rest

and 

GT HP ALM Service

https://docops.ca.com/ca-agile-requirements-designer/2-5/en/reference/install-hpe-alm-service

Please note the ALM versions that we support with the 2 in the documentation. 

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Aditi

• 3.  Re: Form based test data reservation ALM integration error
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 19, 2018 08:15 AM

Hi,

I see that you have posted this on the TDM community. Are you using this integration for ARD or some other TDM task? If yes, then we will need to host a webex to check why you are facing an error with the GTHP ALM service setup.

Please raise a case with CA support for this query.

The links mentioned above are for integration from ARD. 

Regards,

Aditi

• 4.  Re: Form based test data reservation ALM integration error

Posted Jun 20, 2018 01:51 AM

Hi ,

I tried creating a test mart, build criteria and test match. Created ARD flow using Travel table

I am able to see  the form in Self service catalog form. I clicked on select option as True and i got some error.

PFB the logs

TDMServiceException: resolve_meta_data_item: TDMServiceException: sqllist: TDMServiceException: PublishEngine : CreateConnectionFromProfile : Connection profile Travel_source not found or not compatible. Oracle profiles must use an EZConnect String and other profiles must be DSN-Less.

Thanks

Velentina

• 5.  Re: Form based test data reservation ALM integration error

Posted Jun 20, 2018 02:02 AM

Hi,

Connection profile Travel_source not found or not compatible. Oracle profiles must use an EZConnect String and other profiles must be DSN-Less.

As per this error message you need to set up the connection profile in EZConnect String format and other profiles must be DSN-Less.

EZConnect: //<machinename>:portnumber/servicename

DSNLess-connection profile is the one in which connection is not made using 32bit ODBC but created using the driver and giving the connection details directly. If you are using the portal to create the connection profile, the link below could help.

Create and edit Connection Profiles - CA Test Data Manager - 4.5 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Find and Reserve documentation: Find and Reserve Test Data Interactively - CA Test Data Manager - 4.5 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Let us know if this helps.

Regards,

Aditi

• 6.  Re: Form based test data reservation ALM integration error

Posted Jun 21, 2018 09:09 PM

Hi Aditi,

Thanks for the information.

I have connected the using DSN less connection approach and I am able to see the form and create a request.

In CA TDM portal, under Submitted Requests tab, i could see my request and there are three Jobs.

GROUPJOB

PUBLISH

TEST MATCH.

The PUBLISH jobs failed immediately and the GROUP JOB keeps on running.

My remote publish service is running as well.

Thanks

Velentina

• 7.  Re: Form based test data reservation ALM integration error

Posted Jun 21, 2018 11:58 PM

Hi,

Which version of the portal are you working on? What does the log say about the error? Try to re-start the service from services.msc screen.

You can check for logs in Debug mode by following the instructions in the link given below. Let us know if you find anything valuable in the logs.

https://comm.support.ca.com/kb/tdm-portal-how-to-enable-debugging-for-tdm-portal/kb000009851

Regards,

Aditi