Service Virtualization

• 1.  CodeSV - Clarifications Required

Posted Jun 19, 2018 08:01 AM

Hi Team,

I am trying to implement codeSV part of our project. I have went through documentation and implementation for codeSV. And have have few clarifications:

1) For Service Virtualization in codeSV, do we have support to deploy VS in any centralized server? Or being part of JUNIT, the VS will be tested only local to that machine

2) If there is any server available to deploy VS - How to open up the the server to deploy VS?

3) Does codeSV supports, accessing VS by other users at same time the same DevTest does?

We are finding the feasibility to move from Licensed DevTest to Code SV. And finding feasibility to hit VS in same way we used to do in DevTest by various users at same time. Please help on below query.

sursu06 J_NeSmith Alan_Baptista_DevOps-SV deoma03

• 2.  Re: CodeSV - Clarifications Required

Posted Jun 19, 2018 08:21 AM

I do not have significant experience with CodeSV so hopefully Surya or others can chime in.

1) For Service Virtualization in codeSV, do we have support to deploy VS in any centralized server? Or being part of JUNIT, the VS will be tested only local to that machine. AND, 2) If there is any server available to deploy VS - How to open up the the server to deploy VS?

We will need someone from product engineering to respond as to whether or not services built with CodeSV are deployable into a DevTest VSE. This may or may not be part of the roadmap or already available.

3) Does codeSV supports, accessing VS by other users at same time the same DevTest does?

CodeSV operates in the JVM memory space of the local developer's IDE. CodeSV is not designed as an approach for sharing virtual services among consumers. DevTest VSE is used for sharing services across a range of consumers. 

• 3.  Re: CodeSV - Clarifications Required

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 19, 2018 12:15 PM

#1: No this is in-memory virtualization all on the local machine. There is no dependency on CA Service Virtualization.

#2:  what you can do is use the export functionality from codeSV which will create RR pairs. Those RR pairs you can import into the Enterprise version of CA Service Virtualization.

#3: Not for the VS - however you could do what I mentioned in #2 to share RR pairs. Also in the future we will provide the functionality of saving and reusing RR pairs via a central repository which would make it easier for team members to share the transactions.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

- Koustubh

• 4.  Re: CodeSV - Clarifications Required

Posted Jun 19, 2018 12:21 PM

Thanks so much for the required information Koustubh.

So, as of now codeSV has to be integrated with developer code and needs to be tested on local machine right? IIf yes, do we need to start any local server so that we can give any port number?

• 5.  Re: CodeSV - Clarifications Required
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 29, 2018 10:50 AM

CodeSV is self contained. Which means, it doesn't have dependency on any external processes. Hence, you don't need to start any servers. Once you run the Junit test which has CodeSV api method added to it, it will automatically intercept the service call and send back configured virtual service response. I can setup some time to discuss further with you on this if needed. Please let me know. You can email me at suryaanilkumar.suravarapu@ca.com