DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  LUA event fields

Posted Jun 19, 2018 11:49 AM

Hello all,

What are the fields for `event` in auto operator script? I´m looking for `dev_id` that came from alarm, but using `event.dev_id` seems to does not exist. How can I get the `dev_id` for event to using it in lua script?

Regards,

Fernando

• 2.  Re: LUA event fields

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 19, 2018 11:54 AM

the event.* are not available in Auto Operator profiles

these are only available in pre-processing.

the fields are listed in the nas documentation:

Language Extensions - CA Unified Infrastructure Management Probes - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 3.  Re: LUA event fields

Posted Jun 19, 2018 12:05 PM

So, I can not use here How to change alarm messages by using Lua script i - CA Knowledge ? So, how do I know if the device is in maintenance schedule?

• 4.  Re: LUA event fields

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 19, 2018 12:15 PM

If you notice in step three it says go to pre-processing tab..

can you explain more what you are trying to accomplish and we can then see how we might help.

• 5.  Re: LUA event fields

Posted Jun 19, 2018 12:32 PM

We are trying to see, in pre-processing rule, if the device is in maintenance schedule and not aply the changes to alarm.

• 6.  Re: LUA event fields

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 19, 2018 01:10 PM

As the information is stored in the back end database this would be difficult.

Your lua script would need to connect to the back end database run a query to check if the host is in maintenance.

then update the message as needed.

the potential problem with doing this is that if the script get hubng. IE waiting on response from your database all alarm processing will stop...

Support does not recommend making database connections in lua scripts...