CA Service Management

• 1.  Application customization data backup

Posted Jun 20, 2018 12:52 AM

Hy Team,

Is there any process of taking backup of application customization data instead of taking backup of whole application because it took too much time. I have already taken backup to another machine but haven't make it live now i want to make that machine Live but some customized files are missing therefore i want to take backup/copy of that files.

Is there any method/ files that i copy instead of copying whole application.

Kindly help me in this regard

• 2.  Re: Application customization data backup

Posted Jun 20, 2018 04:53 AM

Hi Bakhtawar,

If you need all the data from one environment to another, then you certainly need to backup and restore the MDB database. See:

How to Move the CA MDB Data from the Source to the Target Systems - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Docum… 

Alternatively, you can look at the 'CA SDM Environment Promotion' introduced in r14.1 which may also help:

CA SDM Environment Promotion - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

===

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 3.  Re: Application customization data backup

Posted Jun 20, 2018 06:49 AM

NO i have already taken backup of full app but i didn't make that machine LIVE on which i have taken backup. i just want to migrate customize web forms of previous machine to new machine.

• 4.  Re: Application customization data backup

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 20, 2018 08:37 AM

bakhtawar 

If you are just concerned with customizations, they are stored in the NX_ROOT\SITE\MODS folder.

• 5.  Re: Application customization data backup

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 20, 2018 09:13 AM

Bakhtawar, for htmpl form customization...all you need to do is to stop sdm, copy $NX_ROOT\site\mods to the new install, copy $NX_ROOT\ddict.sch to the new install, and replace the new install's wspcol and wsptbl table records by records from the other mdb(your dba should know how to do that), and then start sdm and run pdm_webcache -b to remind end users to clear their browser cache. Thanks _Chi

• 6.  Re: Application customization data backup

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 20, 2018 01:53 PM

One can also run the diagnostic tool (supp_diag.cmd), instructions located here:

How to Identify Performance Problems in CA SDM - CA Service Management - 17.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

This tool can collect, among other items, your customisations in a single step action and can even be used to archive must of a given system's application state.