Layer7 API Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Policy Falsified Error: Service not found

• 1.  Policy Falsified Error: Service not found

Posted Jun 20, 2018 08:23 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm following an old Lab Workbook dealing with Voonair example. I'm stuck at the very first steps. Here is the resume of what I did so far:

- I configured CA API Gateway 9.3 (VMWare .ova file) locally on my personal laptop (set the host file with hostname and IP address of the gateway)

- I installed Policy Manager client

- I checked the reachability of the gateway by pinging it from my laptop as well as the connection to the Policy Manager and everything works.

Then I imported Voonair web service through the Policy Manager, following the workbook (attached) and here is the issue in object: when I try to do a request via SOAPUI, it gives me Policy Falsified, Service not found.

How can I solve?

Thank you.

Riccardo

EDIT: attached you can find voonair.wsdl

Attachment(s)

• 2.  Re: Policy Falsified Error: Service not found

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 20, 2018 11:11 AM

Hello,

Can you provide a screenshot of your soapUI request, and also of the published service on the gateway?

• 3.  Re: Policy Falsified Error: Service not found

Posted Jun 21, 2018 03:54 AM

Here are the screenshot you requested.

• 4.  Re: Policy Falsified Error: Service not found

Posted Jun 21, 2018 10:11 AM

You are routing in your policy to another service on the gateway. This should resolve on /reservations. Do you have an implementation for it?

• 5.  Re: Policy Falsified Error: Service not found

Posted Jun 25, 2018 04:26 AM

I'm just following the lab workbook whose pdf guide I attached to this thread, which does not mention any implementation.

• 6.  Re: Policy Falsified Error: Service not found

Posted Jun 26, 2018 07:41 AM

Hi ,

Seems the request have invalid soap operation or method ..etc, so please try to enable below property and try.

Right click on service --> service properties --> wsdl tab-->check property i.e Allow requests intended for operations not supported by the WSDL.( please find below image )

refer for more info : https://docops.ca.com/ca-api-gateway/8-3/en/publish-services-and-configure-policies/working-with-services/published-service-properties/#PublishedServiceProperties-Configuringthe[WSDL]tab

• 7.  Re: Policy Falsified Error: Service not found

Posted Jun 29, 2018 08:55 AM

I tried, but same error:

Policy Falsified: Service not found

• 8.  Re: Policy Falsified Error: Service not found

Posted Jun 29, 2018 09:23 AM

Ok, seems the error is coming from back end server (i.e http://gateway93.l7tech.com:808/reservation)  for more information check Dashboard ( Policy manager -->view--> dashboard-->cluster stats tab under service stats)  for that service requests are reaching to gateway or not if reaching where exactly its failing.

• 9.  Re: Policy Falsified Error: Service not found

Posted Jul 02, 2018 04:30 AM

The hostname used in your SoapUI call is the same as the hostname in your Route via HTTP assertion. I assume the service called in SoapUI is on your gateway? So the service called in your route assertion also must be implemented on the same gateway, either your routing url is wrong!

• 10.  Re: Policy Falsified Error: Service not found

Posted Jul 03, 2018 09:45 AM

Could you explain better please? I published the voonair service (voonair.wsdl) in the gateway as stated in the lab workbook pdf attached to this thread.

To answer to your question:

Yes, the service called in SoapUI is published in my gateway.

So, I cannot understand where I'm wrong.

• 11.  Re: Policy Falsified Error: Service not found

Posted Jul 03, 2018 10:21 AM

Your /lab1 service called with SoapUI contains a Route via HTTP assertion. The routing url is pointing to a /reservation service on your same gateway as /lab1.

I think the voonair.wsdl implements the /reservation service? As in your answer this is published on your gateway also. You must check if this implementation is according your SoapUI request as udareddy has explained.

An option would be to check if you can directly call the /reservation service from SoapUI (load the wsdl and put same url in the request as in your routing assertion).

• 12.  Re: Policy Falsified Error: Service not found

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 14, 2018 02:34 PM

Good afternoon,

Were you able to resolve the issue? What was the final result?

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes
    Broadcom Support

• 13.  RE: Re: Policy Falsified Error: Service not found

Posted Sep 10, 2021 11:03 AM
    I'm having the same issue. Using PM 9.3.00 Build 7814