Clarity

• 1.  Keeping ppm_dwh + Niku and ppm_jaspersoft on separate servers

Posted Jun 20, 2018 03:23 PM

We are creating a mirror of niku database so that user can report real-time data without affecting the application. Where Does Jaspersoft store the setting to point to Niku (and PPM-DWH as well). I think pointing to the Mirror server here should be enough. correct me if I am wrong

Nika_Hadzhikidi helped us setup jaspersoft hence mentioning her.

• 2.  Re: Keeping ppm_dwh + Niku and ppm_jaspersoft on separate servers

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 20, 2018 05:10 PM

Hi Suhas

Unfortunately we do not support mirrored database so be careful with your setup and test it very thoroughly. I am aware of issues when running DWH job and others.

If you want to change the setting of PPM/DWH database - these in Jaspersoft are taken from the properties.xml file and database connections there. So for those to be updated you have to run the command:

admin update jasperParameters

This command will update the profile parameters in the Jaspersoft server. After that you could change the properties.xml and not run the command to keep the connections to previous data.

Hope this helps -Nika

• 3.  Re: Keeping ppm_dwh + Niku and ppm_jaspersoft on separate servers

Posted Jun 21, 2018 04:23 PM

Why did you say  "After that you could change the properties.xml and not run the command to keep the connections to previous data." ?

Does this mean I have to change DB settings everytime Jaspersoft is restarted?