DX Unified Infrastructure Management

Expand all | Collapse all

attaching a weekday and weekend schedule to processes

• 1.  attaching a weekday and weekend schedule to processes

Posted Jun 20, 2018 03:54 PM
      |   view attached

UIM Processes Probe appears to only handle one schedule per process.  Such as M-F 6AM to 6:15AM

I need to do M-F 6AM to 6:15AM  & SAT/SUN 8AM to 8:15AM   (looks like it can do it hourly, but not minute.

Seems as if I cannot do that from the process probe.  It boggles my mind that it would not have this capability, as many people would want a weekend and weekday schedule.  What is the best way to accomplish this?

I can think of two possible ways:

create multiple process profiles on the same process restricting it to the weekday and another for the weekend schedule.  This seems like a real rig job to me.

The other way would be in the NAS.  It seems like I might be able to be more granular in the NAS, but I would rather not split the configuration up and have to clutter up the NAS.  If the NAS is the place, do I do "on message arrival" with the action type "invisible"?

Either way I set this schedule seems like I am rigging the system.  My thoughts are CA would have made this functionality a long time ago, or it exists in a cleaner way and I am not seeing it.

• 2.  Re: attaching a weekday and weekend schedule to processes

Posted Jun 20, 2018 06:02 PM

The schedule appears to be an iCalendar entry

<schedules>
    <Test>
    type = Recurring Event
    time_type = once
    updated = no
    recurrent_event_spec = RRULE:FREQ=MINUTELY;INTERVAL=1;BYDAY=TU,WE;BYHOUR=10,11;BYSECOND=45
    </Test>
    </schedules>

The recurrent_event_spec seems to adhere to the full RRULE spec. I've had success supplying rules here that are impossible to render using the GUI.

It's worth a shot

-Garin