AnsweredAssumed Answered

attaching a weekday and weekend schedule to processes

Question asked by floydian on Jun 20, 2018
Latest reply on Jun 20, 2018 by Garin

UIM Processes Probe appears to only handle one schedule per process.  Such as M-F 6AM to 6:15AM

I need to do M-F 6AM to 6:15AM  & SAT/SUN 8AM to 8:15AM   (looks like it can do it hourly, but not minute.

Seems as if I cannot do that from the process probe.  It boggles my mind that it would not have this capability, as many people would want a weekend and weekday schedule.  What is the best way to accomplish this?

I can think of two possible ways:

create multiple process profiles on the same process restricting it to the weekday and another for the weekend schedule.  This seems like a real rig job to me.

The other way would be in the NAS.  It seems like I might be able to be more granular in the NAS, but I would rather not split the configuration up and have to clutter up the NAS.  If the NAS is the place, do I do "on message arrival" with the action type "invisible"?

Either way I set this schedule seems like I am rigging the system.  My thoughts are CA would have made this functionality a long time ago, or it exists in a cleaner way and I am not seeing it.

Attachments

Outcomes