DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  How to ignore agent named 'WebLogic Server' before Auto naming function?

Posted Jun 20, 2018 11:16 PM

Hi,

After agent installation and start the WLS, I always see an agent named WebLogic Server for a while. After the auto-naming, the agent name will be turned into their real name.

It's really inconvenienced if customers ask me why there is a disconnected agent.

Is there a way to control the agent to report to EM when it finishes the auto-naming function?

Thanks. 

• 2.  Re: How to ignore agent named 'WebLogic Server' before Auto naming function?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 20, 2018 11:46 PM

Hi Gary,

By default the agent will wait 2 minutes (120 seconds) for auto-naming to complete before trying to connect to EM, so you can test increasing that value in increments until the auto-naming kicks in before the EM connection is made: 

Java Agent Naming - CA Application Performance Management - 10.5 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Java Agent Properties - CA Application Performance Management - 10.5 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Hope that helps

Regards,

Lynn

• 3.  Re: How to ignore agent named 'WebLogic Server' before Auto naming function?

Posted Jun 21, 2018 12:21 AM

Hi Lynn,

Thanks for your response. It should solve my problem.

I'm wondering the same problem happened in Command Center either.

I don't see any related setting within apmccctrl.properties file.

Is there a way to solve this in ACC?

Thank you.

• 4.  Re: How to ignore agent named 'WebLogic Server' before Auto naming function?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 21, 2018 02:29 AM

Hi Gary,

I also think that would require an agent profile side property to delay the connection of the agent to the ACC Agent Controller. From my agent log I can only find these acc related properties

introscope.agent.acc.enable
    introscope.agent.acc.port: default value of "51914"
    introscope.agent.acc.heartbeat: default value of "1440" (heartbeat test every 24 hours)
    introscope.agent.acc.poll: default value of "300000" (polling interval of 5 minutes)

As introscope.agent.acc.enable is dynamic you could change it from false to true after the agent auto-naming time has passed and maybe automate that with a script that gets called as part of WebLogic instance startup (required "sleep" delay at the start of the script)?

Regards,

Lynn

• 5.  Re: How to ignore agent named 'WebLogic Server' before Auto naming function?

Posted Jun 21, 2018 05:14 AM

Hi Lynn,

Thanks for your suggestion.

It's a sophisticated way to solve this issue.

I'll try and see what happen

Thank you again.