AutoSys Workload Automation

• 1.  Event triggered multiple times while not in schedule

Posted Jun 20, 2018 09:58 PM

We have an event that scheduled on date basis. yesterday, without being in the scheduled date, the job triggers repeatedly and causing a lot of error. Do we know the easy way to check what is causing this issue and what application/events that causing this to happen?

• 2.  Re: Event triggered multiple times while not in schedule

Posted Jun 21, 2018 09:17 AM

Can you please indicate what scheduler you are using (i.e. AE, D Series, ESP, CA9, CA11)?

Thanks!

<JC>

• 3.  Re: Event triggered multiple times while not in schedule

Posted Jun 25, 2018 12:57 AM

I believe it is CA11

• 4.  Re: Event triggered multiple times while not in schedule

Posted Jun 22, 2018 04:41 AM

Please share the scheduler application and job definition as well.

there cud be other ways by which job can be triggered irrespective of date condition.

it cud be possible that you have some GLOBAL VARIABLE, RESOURCES, or some events defined in job definition as starting condition / somewhere which is triggering the job.

• 5.  Re: Event triggered multiple times while not in schedule

Posted Jun 25, 2018 12:58 AM

are there any eady wat to query the database for the related event triggered?

• 6.  Re: Event triggered multiple times while not in schedule

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 22, 2018 08:27 AM

Hi,

What kind of event is this?  Is the date/Time event or monitoring event like file trigger or db monitor?

Thank you,

Nitin Pande

CA Technologies

• 7.  Re: Event triggered multiple times while not in schedule

Posted Jun 25, 2018 12:54 AM

This is Date/time event

• 8.  Re: Event triggered multiple times while not in schedule

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 22, 2018 10:52 AM

In DE, you can look at the details in Desktop Client Application monitor for the Application/Event name and 'Triggered By' information (see below), and depending on the Event you might need to check the application/job definition and server/agent logs to determine the root cause. 

• 9.  Re: Event triggered multiple times while not in schedule

Posted Jun 25, 2018 12:55 AM

It currently shows that all the following have been triggered by "SCHEDULED"

however, the amount of job and the timing does not suits the current schedule criteria

• 10.  Re: Event triggered multiple times while not in schedule

Posted Jun 25, 2018 12:52 AM

I believe we are using CA11. the event have been set up only to trigger by schedule. nothing we know of as to resource dependencies or file trigger have been set-up for this particular event.

• 11.  Re: Event triggered multiple times while not in schedule

Posted Jun 25, 2018 08:26 AM

Hi, 

I think it may be best to open a ticket with support.  The information provided here is not enough to determine the cause of the issue.  Someone may need to look at some logs. 

Note: I don't think CA-11 is involved since it is job restart option and not a scheduler. 

Feel free to give me a call if you would like to discuss this 

Don with CA

214-473-1191