DX NetOps

• 1.  May Release 277 install

Posted Jun 21, 2018 09:35 AM

Has anyone installed May Release kit 277 for 3.5?  Where did you find the docs and was there any issues?

• 2.  Re: May Release 277 install
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 21, 2018 09:45 AM

Hi Leroy,

The monthly update kits are only provided through support when a defect needs to be resolved. They aren't publicly available and only contain defect fixes.

If you don't have a copy for our case (I thought you had one, apologies if that was a misunderstanding) I can open up a new case and upload it for you to download.

Thanks,

Mike

• 3.  Re: May Release 277 install

Posted Jun 21, 2018 09:58 AM

I have the release already.  I need to install and test the release on our lab before install into production.  I'm just trying to find out how?  When I asked support, I was given the URL to the 3.5 install document.  Given this is a patch going through the original install doc seems a little over kill. Also the patch did not contain the DA install so that doesn't apply.  So what else doesn't apply?

• 4.  Re: May Release 277 install

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 21, 2018 10:31 AM

Were you only given the PC update to fix a PC defect? That is done sometimes. With the patch kits you often don't have to update all components for a particular fix to get implemented.

There is both a PC download with the PC install, and a DA download that contains the DA, DR and DC (within the DA) installs same as a GA release. 

The install for the upgrade is identical to a standard upgrade. The same process is followed as laid out in the docs to upgrade to these kits. This is because while we call these patch kits because they only contain defect fixes, they are in fact complete upgrade kits. They could be used to upgrade from prior releases, not just to upgrade the same release as the patch kit to install fixes.

• 5.  Re: May Release 277 install

Posted Jun 21, 2018 10:43 AM

The PC and DA.  So I use the original DOCS and follow the upgrade part not in the install part?

• 6.  Re: May Release 277 install

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 21, 2018 10:47 AM

Correct. Follow the upgrade process in the docs and treat the monthly kits the same as you would a regular GA release upgrade.

If you want to chat further or have more questions about it, if you want feel free to give me a call or update our case and we'll set up a time to meet.