Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Automatic ticket creation

Posted Jun 21, 2018 10:03 AM

Would anyone have the steps to follow to automatically open tickets in CASD for failed UC4 mainframe jobs? I know that we open tickets automatically for other scheduling packages based off of messages in the log, but since UC4 is server based with only an agent on the mainframe we are not seeing the same kind of messages in the log

• 2.  Re: Automatic ticket creation

Posted Jun 21, 2018 04:17 PM

We do not have a mainframe agent.  But our preferred method of opening failure tickets is to make use of the "Definition for ENDED_OK" feature of the Runtime tab of each job.  Here we tell our UC4 jobs that if it does not finish with an acceptable return code, that it must execute a script object we developed.  This script does multiple things, like send notifications to the oncall staff by kicking off other UC4 jobs to do so.  But it also opens failure tickets with our ticket tracking system by kicking off another job for that purpose.

• 3.  Re: Automatic ticket creation

Posted Jun 22, 2018 10:36 AM

thanks for the reply. I know we have something referred to as an email eater with the CASD system that will take the emails and open the tickets for other scheduling systems. It's just the other systems are more mainframe based and not server based. I am trying to figure out just how to put the two things together without having to do scripts or new jobs