DX NetOps

• 1.  Cisco License Management

Posted Jun 21, 2018 11:32 AM

For a Cisco device one can access the Cisco License Management under Component Detail > Information > Cisco License Management > Licenses table.  When the Licenses table is expanded OneClick queries the table and displays the results.  Looking at the table-cisco-license-info-config.xml file it appears many of the column values have an attribute that can be polled.  Here is where we need some assistance.

We're looking for a way preferably in OneClick to be able to find every Cisco device and list out the Licenses table for each device at the same time then export it to a file.  We're quite certain this can't be done in OneClick and we'll need to utilize either CLI, CORBA, or Web Services.  Has anyone already done something like this?  If so, can you please share any suggestions or guidance it would be greatly appreciate.

• 2.  Re: Cisco License Management

Posted Jun 25, 2018 03:13 PM

John,

I can't seem to find a device with the Cisco License info in it but I can use the ifTable as an example. When I use CLI to show the value of ifDescr attribute id 0x100c5 from the device, I see the following:

./show attributes attr=0x100c5 mh=0x40006d
    Id Name Iid Value
    0x100c5 ifDescr 1 Ethernet0
    0x100c5 ifDescr 2 Serial0
    0x100c5 ifDescr 3 Serial1
    0x100c5 ifDescr 4 Null0

So you should be able to do the same thing with the attributes in the license table. This could be scripted to cycle through the models that support the license table, pump the output to a delimited file and bring it up in a spreadsheet.

Joe