DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  How can I use sql_response probe to Oracle?

Posted Jun 22, 2018 12:00 AM

Hi Everyone,

How can I configure the sql_response probe to execute query in Oracle database?

• 2.  Re: How can I use sql_response probe to Oracle?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 22, 2018 03:09 AM

Hi Martin, 

Have you had a chance to look at sql_response documentation:

sql_response AC Configuration - CA Unified Infrastructure Management Probes - CA Technologies Documentation 

Please let us know if it is not clear, or if you have any specific questions.

Regards

Anu

• 3.  Re: How can I use sql_response probe to Oracle?

Posted Jun 22, 2018 07:32 AM

Hi Anu, Thanks for your answer. Can you tell me if I need to install a new drive? Where and how can I specify the port?

• 4.  Re: How can I use sql_response probe to Oracle?

Posted Jun 22, 2018 09:33 AM

Carlos,

Not sure what is meant by a 'new drive', and as for the port, it does not have a place to specify a port.

sql_response is limited, for more complete monitoring consider the oracle probe.

oracle (Oracle Database Monitoring) - CA Unified Infrastructure Management Probes - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 5.  Re: How can I use sql_response probe to Oracle?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 25, 2018 10:49 AM

This is some what depended on the OS type and version you install the sql_response probe on.

So if you install the sql_response probe on a windows machine, Download oracle client for windows, setup an ODBC connection to the oracle database you can then use that connection in the sql_response probe to run queries.

below is a connection string information for creating an OLEDB connection string to oracle as well.

Oracle Provider for OLE DB Connection Strings - ConnectionStrings.com 

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle Connection Strings - ConnectionStrings.com 

but you should be able to do this without too much trouble.