DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  INDEFINITE MAINTENANCE UIM

Posted Jun 22, 2018 09:45 PM

Hi all,

How can I put a robot in maintenance without having an end date, I only find the way by programming a schedule?

Thanks.

#uim-spectrum #cauimsso

• 2.  Re: INDEFINITE MAINTENANCE UIM

Posted Jun 24, 2018 09:17 AM

Hi Sebastian,

You can put the robot in maintenance via Infrastructure manager by right click on the robot and choose option set maintenance mode until and choose the date as per your requirement.

Secondly you can use USM -> maintennace mode and put any robot in maintenace using a recurring schedule that can run every day.

But i am unable to understand the requirement here, if something needs to be put into indefinite maintenance then it should not be monitored at all.. well i am sure you are doing it for a reason.

Hitesh Sehgal

• 3.  Re: INDEFINITE MAINTENANCE UIM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 25, 2018 04:33 AM

Why don't you use a maintenance schedule which is "once only”, starts at a time and date and then runs for 99,999 hours ? 

Will be running for about 11 years, is that enough ?

• 4.  Re: INDEFINITE MAINTENANCE UIM

Posted Jun 25, 2018 08:27 AM

Hello Rowan,

Why you want to put a server in maintenance for years? Because the maintenance feature need to be used for days/weeks, not years.

So please do not put 99,999 hours, it shoudn´t work.

The best setting do not get alarms form the robot, just disable the alarm feature from the probes or create a nas rule to filter this alarms to now show or exclude.

Do not use the maintenance to put a server in maintenance mode for eternity

• 5.  Re: INDEFINITE MAINTENANCE UIM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 25, 2018 09:32 AM

In understand it is atypical but why shouldn't it work ? The gui lets you put in 99,999 hours and that is the requirement from the original post.

Maintenance just puts in an exclude for the alarms which is the same as a nas rule only more efficient.

Having said that, I haven't tested it!!

• 6.  Re: INDEFINITE MAINTENANCE UIM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 03, 2018 01:26 PM

There are other tools in the CA portfolio that have no issue with putting a device/object into maintenance mode with no scheduled end date.  There are at least two valid use cases for this:

- You could have the scenario where you may not know the when the maintenance period will end so you want an operator to manually take the device out of maintenance.

- Maintenance schedules are held in an external system (CMDB, etc.) so rather than replicating those schedules everywhere, you have that external system issue an API call to put an object into maintenance at the start and then issue another API call when the maintenance period is over.

I would suggest creating an idea for this.

-Rob

• 7.  Re: INDEFINITE MAINTENANCE UIM

Posted Jul 03, 2018 01:03 PM

Sebastian,

Are there any questions in regards to this?

• 8.  Re: INDEFINITE MAINTENANCE UIM

Posted Jul 24, 2018 10:47 AM

Hi David,

I adopted the mode in maintenance for 99,999 hours, this is for 10 years approxi.

Thanks all.