Clarity

• 1.  How to inactivate departments?

Posted Jun 23, 2018 01:33 AM

CA-PPM 14.3

I saw few posts on this topics but did not find any solution.

I have several departments which needs to be inactivated (move the resources from old dept to new dept).  I thought of re-naming the old dept name to new dept name but the dept ID from HR feed is different and I'm unable to edit in CA-PPM.

The RM can see all the departments (including old department) on the financial property page of a resource and this is creating lots of issues when the invoice is generated.

Any alternative solution?

Thanks

-Venkitta

• 2.  Re: How to inactivate departments?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 24, 2018 11:25 PM

Hi vs00500773,

The Set Up Financial Departments document says below.

Note: You can edit a department after creating it. If you have not associated a department with a location, you can delete it. When you delete a department, its sub departments are also deleted. To review the list of sub departments that are associated with your department, open the department, open the Properties menu, and click Subdepartments.

Note: You can delete a department when the following conditions are true:

- The department is not referenced in the financial cost/rate matrix.
    - The department does not have associated financial transactions (posted or unposted).
    - The department is not set as a default system department.
    - A financially enabled resource is not using the department.
    - A financially enabled project is not using the department.
    - The department is not associated with a location.

Set Up Financial Departments - CA PPM - 14.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Regards,

Shoichi

• 3.  Re: How to inactivate departments?

Posted Jun 25, 2018 03:59 AM

Thanks Shoichi for the prompt response. 

There are two requirements.  a) Move all the active resources from OLD dept to NEW dept  b) On the Resource Financial->Financial Department, the user should be allowed to select OLD dpet.

I have several financial transactions posted with the old department name.  So it is not a viable solution to delete the dept but rather I just do not want the old department to show up in the lookup field. 

I thought of adding a custom attribute 'Is Active' on the department object but  I believe, the 'Department Browse' is a system restricted lookup field where it does not allow to modify.

Any thoughts!

Thanks