Release Automation

• 1.  Scheduling the deployments

Posted Jun 25, 2018 08:48 AM

Hello All,

I have written the deployment plan for a project, with the initialization , deployment and post deployment step. The deployment is running fine. Is there any way to schedule the deployment in the various time interval ? The requirement is to run the created deployment at different time interval with different values of parameters. I was looking for the best and most efficient way to do that, as the requirement looks to me pretty standard.

-Regards

Mohit

• 2.  Re: Scheduling the deployments
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 25, 2018 09:58 AM

There is a way to schedule deployments from RA, but you need to be willing to allow the pre-deploy to run immediately:

• Create a deployment, but select "Execute pre-deployment step immediately"
    • Once pre-deployment has started, you can schedule the deploy time by clicking the "schedule" link on the upper-right:
    • This will bring up a calendar for you to specify when to run the deployment:
    • Repeat as many times as needed.

If you need to make it easier, you can leverage the web API to run deployments.  This would allow you to use an external scheduler (like CDD for example, or your company's batch scheduler) to run deployments on a regular basis.

Hope this helps...

-Tim

• 3.  Re: Scheduling the deployments

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 27, 2018 04:05 AM

Hello,

I am marking the answer from Timothy as correct.

Let us know if answer doesn't provide a solution to what you are looking for.

Regards,

Saurabh