DX NetOps

• 1.  Convert DA to Fault Tolerance

Posted Jun 25, 2018 09:13 AM

We are moving to Fault Tolerance in Performance manger. We have updated to version 3.5 and have installed the second DA and Proxy configured for FT.

How do we covert our primary DA which is in standalone mode to be configured for Fault Tolerance? I would prefer not to run the installer again. TIA

• 2.  Re: Convert DA to Fault Tolerance

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 25, 2018 04:04 PM

HI Jim,  I believe you would need to rerun the DA installation, and choose to configure your DA for fault tolerance, but the problem is that the reinstall of 3.5 doesn't handle converting the DA to fault tolerance. You would need to upgrade to PM 3.6, to have this option to convert it to a fault tolerant DA.

• 3.  Re: Convert DA to Fault Tolerance

• 4.  Re: Convert DA to Fault Tolerance

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 25, 2018 06:17 PM

HI Jim,

is this a new installation, or was a previous environment upgraded to PM 3.5?

Tom

• 5.  Re: Convert DA to Fault Tolerance

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 26, 2018 03:33 AM

From my understanding, an existing standalone installation of DA cannot be converted into an FT DA. The DA needs to be uninstalled and reinstalled with the FT settings in place which you are prompted for while reinstalling DA.

• 6.  Re: Convert DA to Fault Tolerance

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 26, 2018 07:52 AM

See the following previous thread posted recently...

Have anyone tried installing Fault Tolerance in an initial standalone setup? Is there a way to have that kind of environment without the loss of data? 

Starting with the r3.6 installations, upgrade runs will ask if FT will be configured or not.

Prior to r3.6 only new r3.5 installs will allow configuration of FT environments.

• 7.  Re: Convert DA to Fault Tolerance

Posted Jun 26, 2018 08:32 AM

Thank you all for the insight. Well appreciated.