Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Check the error log/ report of SQL jobs

Posted Jun 25, 2018 01:14 PM

Hello,

I'm using Automation Engine version 11.2 with Java console interface.

By default when the job fails, we will check the "report" and then we can see several log files. But with SQL-typed job, the report does not help. It just shows: "Changed databsae context to [database_name]" and we are not able to check and identify the problem.

Are there any ways/methods to enable the log/report for SQL jobs? Or we have to search and look at the raw log files? Or something like that?

Need to solve the problem of this failed jobs and without log, there is no hint to troubleshoot.

Regards,

Phat Tran

• 2.  Re: Check the error log/ report of SQL jobs

Posted Jun 25, 2018 01:27 PM

Do you have 'Agent log' selected under optional reports on the SQL tab of the job? I find this provides the best information for SQL jobs.

• 3.  Re: Check the error log/ report of SQL jobs

Posted Jun 25, 2018 09:45 PM

Can you show how I find? In most case when opening the "report", I can see "Agent log". But in this case as you can see in my screenshot, that's only what I have.

• 4.  Re: Check the error log/ report of SQL jobs

Posted Jun 25, 2018 09:50 PM

Michael_Pirson I found it. I enable it. Hope we can have more information.

• 5.  Re: Check the error log/ report of SQL jobs

Posted Jul 04, 2018 12:07 AM

Hi PhatTran612036,

Were you able to find out what was the issues with the additional information from the agent logs?

• 6.  Re: Check the error log/ report of SQL jobs
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 12, 2018 01:12 AM

Hi Luu,

I enabled the log function. I can see it generates the logs. But from that time until now, the issue does not reoccur