Top Secret

Expand all | Collapse all

Hello, Does Top-Secret have an equivalent to the RACF GENERICANCHOR setting for keeping list of generic profiles?

• 1.  Hello, Does Top-Secret have an equivalent to the RACF GENERICANCHOR setting for keeping list of generic profiles?

Posted Jun 25, 2018 03:47 PM

Hello,
    Does Top-Secret have an equivalent to the RACF GENERICANCHOR setting for keeping list of generic profiles?

"In each address space, RACF® keeps lists of generic profiles that have been referenced. Each list comprises one DATASET high-level qualifier, or one general resource class based on the value of KEYQUAL in the class descriptor table (CDT) entry for that class (assuming the class is not RACLISTed in some way). By default, RACF keeps four lists, but you can use the RACF SET command with the GENERICANCHOR operand to specify that RACF keep a larger number of lists."

Thanks,
    Fred

• 2.  Re: Hello, Does Top-Secret have an equivalent to the RACF GENERICANCHOR setting for keeping list of generic profiles?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 25, 2018 04:06 PM

Hi Fred,

I have never heard of GENERICANCHOR.  Let's see if one of the community members know something about this.

Cheers,

~Eileen~

• 3.  Re: Hello, Does Top-Secret have an equivalent to the RACF GENERICANCHOR setting for keeping list of generic profiles?
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 26, 2018 04:23 AM

Hi Fred,

having had a quick look at that RACF option, I'd understand GENERICANCHOR option as a performance related option. And I dare an answer to your question: No, Top Secret does not have an equivalent to that option, because having a different conception *), it does not need it.

*) In my understanding RACF is ressource-oriented while Top Secret is accessor-oriented.

Please help me to correct/amend my understandings.

An interesting question would be the performanc resp. the pathlength of a well tuned RACF (GENERICACHOR) setup compared to a well tuned TSS caching/seccaching setup. CA Technologies, would you have an indication?

Kind regards,

Josef