CA Service Management

• 1.  Insert variable on Manual Notify

Posted Jun 25, 2018 05:17 PM

Hi,

We have P1 scenario  that needs manual notification sent out to the people to join the bridge. If i have one CI impacted then the particular CI will be mapped to the incident and will send out text as "Unit:1023 is affected". When we have multiple CI's affected scenario the CI field in the incident will be empty, in that case we need to send out "Unit: Multiple Unit is affected" Is it possible to achieve?

Is it possible to create a variable and have if then else condition over there?

Thanks,

Pramila

• 2.  Re: Insert variable on Manual Notify

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 25, 2018 05:27 PM

Pramila, there is no condition/variable when you use manual notification with default email notification method. If you write your own notification method then yes you can if...then... Also I checked out of box schema for in and I didn't see how it could have multiple CIs? Or you mean CIs not on the incident ticket? Thanks _Chi

• 3.  Re: Insert variable on Manual Notify

Posted Jun 26, 2018 03:54 AM

Hi Chi Chen Employee , What will prevent you to create a notification rules on the manual notify?

\J

• 4.  Re: Insert variable on Manual Notify

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 26, 2018 09:06 AM

Jerome, this is a good point. Sorry for shooting too soon.

So PramilaJanarthanan, you can give this a try by adding some conditional rules to the manual notification activity notification with custom message templates, if you have the schema ready. Thanks _Chi