CA Service Management

• 1.  Mailbox Rule to Notify Customer

Posted Jun 25, 2018 01:58 PM

Hey guys,

I created a rule to filter emails and send notifications to customer, but for some reason the notification is not being sent correctly.

This rule was creataed to send an HTML email in case of a successful response.

I believe that the problem may be linked to the configuration of the action to be performed.

I noticed that when I change the response action for notification no message is sent, when I change to email a message is sent with an error information:

AHD58005:Update_Only operation requested with no matching rows. Cannot continue processing!

The mailbox rule:

• 2.  Re: Mailbox Rule to Notify Customer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 25, 2018 02:06 PM

Diego,

The error message is stating that the ticket that the customer is trying to update with maileater either doesn't exist, or they don't have access to see it.

Is the user an "employee" based user, and are they trying to update a case that they are the affected end user of?

I think the notification type changing is misleading the actual problem.

• 3.  Re: Mailbox Rule to Notify Customer

Posted Jun 25, 2018 02:15 PM

Many thanx for your help, Alex_Perretti!

Well, I ended up putting the object update action only to test, I just need the successful response notification message to be sent to the customer.

As soon as I removed the action, setting to ignore the email, no messages were sent to the customer.

• 4.  Re: Mailbox Rule to Notify Customer

Posted Jun 25, 2018 02:36 PM

I thought configuring the rule action to ignore the email and send a reply to the user would be enough for the successful html response message to be sent, but in any of the configuration attempts the message is not sent.

• 5.  Re: Mailbox Rule to Notify Customer
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 25, 2018 03:17 PM

Thank you so much for helping!

In the meantime I did some tests and I was able to configure the action so that the successful message response was sent.

I set the rule action to ignore e-mail and reply, so the message was sent successfully after passing the rule.

Thank you again!