Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Can I run a job on all the agents present in agentgroup

Posted Jun 26, 2018 10:08 AM

Hello all,

Can I run a job on all the agents listed in agent group.If yes, please let me know.

Thanks,

Srujan.

• 2.  Re: Can I run a job on all the agents present in agentgroup
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 26, 2018 11:45 AM

Hi patve03,

Take a look at this section Defining Agent Groups, and its sub section - "To specify the Agent Group-Specific Setting" and the mode options  -> "All Active" 

(If this reply answered your question, please use the "mark correct"  button, so other also know which reply you used/resolve your issue and can reference easier in the future)

• 3.  Re: Can I run a job on all the agents present in agentgroup

Posted Jun 28, 2018 02:50 PM

Thank you LuuLe 

So if I opt for ALL ACTIVE and INACTIVE then the job will try to run on inactive agents too. And will it stop the job when the first agent in the assigned list found inactive or else it will continue executing the job on next agents?

Thanks,

Srujan

• 4.  Re: Can I run a job on all the agents present in agentgroup

Posted Jun 28, 2018 03:28 PM

If you pick the "all active and inactive" options, it will send that job to all the agent on that agentgroup... and as such each agent (offline or online) will try to run it it at the same time then (unless you have max parallel set).. if the agent is offline at the time, from what I remember... that job would go into a "waiting for host" status until that agent is available...

Not sure if there something you are looking to do with it or just trying to learn how these work but I recommend playing/trying it out.