CA Service Management

• 1.  Is it possible to open a case while using the employee account page and assign it to different group other than the default?

Posted Jun 27, 2018 02:44 AM

I've been editing the file home.htmpl to change the employee page, and I came across the requirement to assign specific new case raised by employee user to specific group. By default all cases are assigned to one group called Service Desk.

So far I've changed the incident area using the below option thinking that it will take the default group name from there but without success.

+PRESET=category:pcat:400210

Also, I used a template as well thinking it might take the same group as the template but still it will go to the same group I mentioned earlier "Service Desk"

+use_template=1+PERSID=cr:611285"

Is there a way I can assigned to specific group directly without the need to change the default group?

• 2.  Re: Is it possible to open a case while using the employee account page and assign it to different group other than the default?

Posted Jun 27, 2018 03:37 AM

Hi Mohammad,

OOTB, the employee cannot search for groups. If you want the user to change the group, they role will have to consume a license. Ideally users should not need to know the group that is handling the case as this should be a painless and easy to use interface. Employee role users should only be concerned about creating the ticket and selecting the relevant category and the rest should be done programmatically behind the scenes.

You mentioned that currently all tickets default to the 'Service Desk' group. How is this being done, via a data-partition or inherited from the category via the Area_Defaults option?

===

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 3.  Re: Is it possible to open a case while using the employee account page and assign it to different group other than the default?

Posted Jun 27, 2018 05:02 AM

Hi Brian,

What I meant is in some cases I don't want the case to be opened and assigned to Service desk group, but in the same time I don't want the employee to change the group.

Basically I want to know if the option where i can assign some specific tickets, lets say to "Finance" group instead of "Service Desk" group. In another word I would want it to be predefined so the end user would only select the type of the case as per the description provided by me and in the background it would go to a predetermined group. 

Regarding your question, currently it is defined using data-partition.

Further more, I was expecting when I changed the area during the process of raising the incident it will override the existed settings which was taken from the data-partition. Though the same about the template as well.

Best Regards,

MH

• 4.  Re: Is it possible to open a case while using the employee account page and assign it to different group other than the default?
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 27, 2018 05:23 AM

Hi Mohammad,

For what you are trying to do, there are two options you can try:

1. Install the Area_Defaults option and then create different categories with different groups mapped to the categories. This way, when changing the category, the group (if different) will also change as it will be copied from the category.

2. You can also consider using Maileater. With maileater you can configure defaults for different mails received via the Mailbox Rules.

===

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 5.  Re: Is it possible to open a case while using the employee account page and assign it to different group other than the default?

Posted Jun 27, 2018 06:00 AM

Hi Brain,

I'll try option 1 and will see.

Thanks for your time

Best Regrades,