Symantec Access Management

• 1.  CA Dir 14 multiple instances

Posted Jun 27, 2018 10:14 AM

Hello there,

We want to create multiple CA Directory14.0 instances on the same server. When i tried to do the each instances shares lot of common config files etc.. which is vulnerable for any human error of modifying another instance config. 

Is there any document or steps i can follow to create multiple CA Directory instances on the same server?

Please let me know.

Thanks

• 2.  Re: CA Dir 14 multiple instances

Posted Jun 27, 2018 10:29 AM

What is the reasoning behind attempting multiple server instances vs setting up multiple DSAs in a single instance?

• 3.  Re: CA Dir 14 multiple instances

Posted Jun 27, 2018 10:34 AM

good question.... i am new to CA Directory world. I am Sun/ODSEE person in the past and now trying to use CA Directory as SiteMinder Policy Stores..

1. Federation PolicyStore

2. Non-Federation PolicyStore

The way i used in Sun/ODSEE LDAP was to create different slapd instances which will have it's own config etc on different directory path. I would like to do the same in CA Directory. 

Thanks for taking time to reply. I appreciate it.

• 4.  Re: CA Dir 14 multiple instances

Posted Jun 27, 2018 10:39 AM

Just create two different DSAs for your two different policy stores.  Each DSA will get its own set of configuration files.

• 5.  Re: CA Dir 14 multiple instances
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 27, 2018 10:45 AM

Hi Pack.  I'm in the same boat as you.  DSEE guy for a very long time.  For CA Dir, the terminology is a bit different.  Where you would install DSEE and then create instances, CA Dir is an installed "instance" and then you create multiple DSA's in that instance.

Just remember that you either have to do all config with the Management UI or using command line/config files.  You can't mix them as you could with DSEE.