Datacom

• 1.  How would I produce a report showing what DDL took place when cataloging updates to the CXX?

Posted Jun 27, 2018 07:57 PM

I have set AUDIT1=DETAIL in the DDSYSTBL macro, assembled/linked successfully and then recycled my MUF to pick up the new module.

I added a new field to a table via DDOL and then cataloged the update to the CXX.

I would now like to be able to produce a report that shows what the update was such as:

Alter table AAA add column BBB.

Is a report such as this possible?

Thank you,

Lee McCabe

• 2.  Re: How would I produce a report showing what DDL took place when cataloging updates to the CXX?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 28, 2018 04:38 AM

Hi Lee, 

AUDIT1=DETAIL in DDSYSTBL does not log the SQL DDL statements but the CXX CATALOG process. 

You can find that here in Audit of CXX Maintenance from CA Datacom® Datadictionary™   

I'm the owner of your support case that you have opened.

I will check with R&D if AUDIT=YES in DDSYSTBL still logs the SQL DDL statements as in older versions and how we can run a READRXX report on those DDL statements.    

Regards,

Karina.

• 3.  Re: How would I produce a report showing what DDL took place when cataloging updates to the CXX?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 29, 2018 07:53 AM

Lee, as Karina has answered this question in more detail in your support case, I will mark this question as answered. 

It seems that the best answer is to use a program to read the RXX files to pull the data you need. As Pat mentioned, we have a Knowledge Base article that offers a newer and more customizable way to limit the records processed. That article is 

KB000030473, titled "New version of CA Datacom RXXREAD (also called READRXX) sample source to read RXX (Recovery) files."

Thank you for this question, and I hope that you and other viewers will find this information useful.