CA Service Management

• 1.  Custom Column in CABI 4.1 - Invalid Field Type

Posted Jun 28, 2018 10:08 AM

We've created a custom column in the chg table called zmpb.

WSP Schema shows the new chg column zmpb as an SREL to the nr table as we required.

Universe Designer, I created a new object under Change> Change Detail>  with the following parameters:

Name: zmpb

Type: Character   (Tried all types from the picklist with same result)

Select: chg.zmpb

Then I did a "Refresh Structure"... which adds the z fields to the chg table.

Exported the universe.

In WebIntelligence, zmpb appears as it should, however when added to a report and run the query, I get the following error:

"Invalid database field type : chg.zmpb. (IES10903) (WIS 10903)" 

SAP documentation for these errors aren't much help.

Any help would be appreciated.

• 2.  Re: Custom Column in CABI 4.1 - Invalid Field Type

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 28, 2018 02:34 PM

Did you try PdmString(chg.zmpb) within the SELECT box and then see if the Parse button works successfully?

• 3.  Re: Custom Column in CABI 4.1 - Invalid Field Type

Posted Jun 28, 2018 02:49 PM

I just added it and it does parses ok, and it looks like it work in the report too, although I don't see any data.... I'll double check it on Tuesday when I'm back but it looks like that may have done it.  Thank You!!

Jeff

>>> Paul_Coccimiglio <communityadmin@communities-mail.ca.com> June 28, 2018 14:34 >>>

PAUL COCCIMIGLIO  replied to the discussion

"Re: Custom Column in CABI 4.1 - Invalid Field Type"

To view the discussion, visit: https://communities.ca.com/message/242124870-re-custom-column-in-cabi-41-invalid-field-type?commentID=242124870&et=watches.email.thread#comment-242124870

• 4.  Re: Custom Column in CABI 4.1 - Invalid Field Type

Posted Jul 03, 2018 11:15 AM

Hi Paul... My custom column is an SREL to the nr table which is used for a new filtered CI class field on the CO.  When I add it to a report in CABI, I only see the UUID. How can I show the CI name?

Thanks

>>> Paul_Coccimiglio <communityadmin@communities-mail.ca.com> June 28, 2018 14:34 >>>

To view the discussion, visit: https://communities.ca.com/message/242124870-re-custom-column-in-cabi-41-invalid-field-type?commentID=242124870&et=watches.email.thread#comment-242124870

• 5.  Re: Custom Column in CABI 4.1 - Invalid Field Type

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 03, 2018 05:42 PM

jeffery.mason 

See if the steps provided in the following Community Post are helpful

Superseded by field cannot be pulled dragged and dropped from Universe to class folder. 

• 6.  Re: Custom Column in CABI 4.1 - Invalid Field Type

Posted Jul 04, 2018 07:36 AM

This link gives me an "Unauthorized... or does not exist... "  page.  I am logged in to the community.

Jeff

>>> Paul_Coccimiglio <communityadmin@communities-mail.ca.com> July 3, 2018 17:43 >>>

To view the discussion, visit: https://communities.ca.com/message/242125726-re-custom-column-in-cabi-41-invalid-field-type?commentID=242125726&et=watches.email.thread#comment-242125726

• 7.  Re: Custom Column in CABI 4.1 - Invalid Field Type

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 04, 2018 04:18 PM
      |   view attached

Sorry about that Jeff.

I have attached a PDF version of the community post I referenced previously.

Attachment(s)

pdf
    241731768.pdf   116 KB 1 version

• 8.  Re: Custom Column in CABI 4.1 - Invalid Field Type

Posted Jul 05, 2018 03:06 PM

Thanks for the doc reference, but I tried several combinations and I can't seem to get it. The difference in that doc is that they are retrieving the nr name with a select from nr. As soon as I include nr in the FROM chg, nr... it tries to retrieve the CI's that are associated to the CO, and not the CI from the custom linked field (if that makes any sense

Jeff

>>> Paul_Coccimiglio <communityadmin@communities-mail.ca.com> July 4, 2018 16:19 >>>

To view the discussion, visit: https://communities.ca.com/message/242125923-re-custom-column-in-cabi-41-invalid-field-type?commentID=242125923&et=watches.email.thread#comment-242125923

• 9.  Re: Custom Column in CABI 4.1 - Invalid Field Type
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 17, 2018 02:48 PM

This solved the issue and returns the CI Name

SELECT

chg.chg_ref_num,

chg.summary,

pdmstring(nr.name)

FROM

chg,

nr

WHERE