Rally Software

• 1.  Is it possible to limit the result of the query to specific number?

Posted Jun 28, 2018 05:14 AM

Hi, 

I would like to create a pie/bar chart which will show me only the top 20 Portfolio Feature items. Is it somehow possible to limit the result in the Query? 

Best regards

Lukasz 

• 2.  Re: Is it possible to limit the result of the query to specific number?

Posted Jun 28, 2018 05:23 AM

Lukasz,

You can limit the results in a Web Services API query using the pagesize parameter:

pagesize
    Number of results to display on the page. Must be greater than 0 and less than or equal to 200 for 1.x API calls or 2000 for 2.x API calls. The default is 20.
    Example: pagesize=30

Is this what you need or are you trying to limit the results in some other place?

Michael

• 3.  Re: Is it possible to limit the result of the query to specific number?

Posted Jun 28, 2018 05:28 AM

Michael, 

I try to limit it in rallydev in the app Bar or Pie Chart - https://github.com/RallyCommunity/CustomChart. I checked the page General Query Examples | CA Agile Central Help but could not find the information about it there. 

BTW, do you know who can change the First Name in my account? I am not able to edit it in the edit profile page. 

Thanks for helping

Lukasz

• 4.  Re: Is it possible to limit the result of the query to specific number?
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 28, 2018 06:53 AM

Lukasz,

OK, thank you for the additional information, that makes it much easier to help you.

Since the source code is available on GitHub, you can copy the App-uncompressed.html from here:

CustomChart/App-uncompressed.html at master · RallyCommunity/CustomChart · GitHub 

and paste it into your favorite text editor.  Then, locate the 'storeConfg' on line 790.  In that block, you can make these changes:

1. Update limit from Infinity to 20 (line 794)
    2. Change sorters: this._getChartSort(), to: sorters: [{property: 'Rank',direction: 'ASC'}],   (line 796 and make sure to include the comma at the end)
    3. Update pageSize from 2000 to 20 (line 797)

You can find more information about apps and all the functions, fields and etc. here:

Agile Central App SDK 2.1 Docs 

As for your username, I am not able to update it either.  Chris_Hackett, are you able to update Lukasz' First Name on his Community Profile?

Hope this helps.

Michael

• 5.  Re: Is it possible to limit the result of the query to specific number?

Posted Jun 28, 2018 10:16 AM

Michael, 

Yes it helps. Thanks. Appreciated. 

Best regards

Lukasz