Symantec IGA

• 1.  A little help forecasting log sizes

Posted Jun 28, 2018 09:30 AM

What's the best method to forecast log file sizes?  We're just getting started with Identity Suite and I need to forecast out storage costs for retaining log files in S3 but I can't find anything to use as a guideline.

Our environment consists of 2 of the Identity Suite Vapps, 2 Policy Servers and 2 Access Gateways which also run the connector servers.

We have over 10s of thousands of AD users with a few other smaller user stores and expect to eventually have about 100 integrations with different apps that will authenticate through the CA solution.

Right now, just running idle we're collecting a few hundred MB of logs per day, but I strongly suspect that will increase greatly when we start adding in users and apps.

Does anyone have any equations or guidelines to use for estimating total daily log sizes ?

Thanks

Eric

• 2.  Re: A little help forecasting log sizes

Posted Jun 28, 2018 11:07 AM

I don't have this type of information. One thing that I did see out there was an Idea raised for a tool to remove older logs so perhaps you may want to vote for that idea. vaap: new tool: deleteOldLogs [age of log files to remove from vaap (in days)]. 

Itamar.budin, do you have any suggestions regarding formulas for sizing of logs? I think it would be difficult to estimate based on variables such as load, types of operations, logging levels, etc.